Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Our 1977 Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We are starting to restore this beauty, it only has 4000 actual miles on it. This was a bookmobile for a school and when they were done with it we got it....can't wait to get started, any suggestions will be appreciated!

Posts: 3 | Location: Miamisburg OH | Member Since: 06-27-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
a lot of potential there. Tires probably need to be at the near top of to-do list.
Does it have any plumbing? Water lines and tanks will be more difficult to install than many things.
Start a list, or put projects on index cards so that order can be changed. mechanic
Take better care of it than the Rupp nono
I see the ready-to-be-a-toad Geo/Chevy behind. Tooling Along

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was the first thing we did was get 10 new tires, they are sitting on the other side of it. We have a little red 93 geo metro convertible to pull behind it. We also have a 97 Bounder that we travel in while fixing this one. Not sure about water lines and stuff hubby will do that stuff ha ha I just clean up after him.

Posts: 3 | Location: Miamisburg OH | Member Since: 06-27-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Do your self a favor and forget the interior decorations for a long time. Number 1 should be the drive train. Number 2 the electrical, both 12v and 110v. 3 is the plumbing and tanks. Once this is done then knock yourself out on the inside comforts. If you decorate first, you will wind up tearing some of it out to fix number 1,2 & 3.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good idea, I hadn't thought about that....

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
You have 10 months to ready your Barth for the trip to Milford for the 50th Anniversary GTG. There are already 30 coaches and trailers registered and we would like to see you there. It doesn't matter if you have completed your makeover or not.

There will be former Barth employees present and much information shared.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post