03-16-2016, 12:04 PM
Doug Smiley
Amazon cloud drive??
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/learnmore

As many have/had problems with Photobucket in the past
should Barthmobile use something like this
as an alternative??
With the consideration being:
of how long into the future the pictures/photos will remain viable??

Photobucket seems to lose photos over 10 years old??

COMMENTS??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

03-16-2016, 01:12 PM
Quinn
It seems to me that 70% of the frustration with photobucket is that the instructions on barthmobile: Photo Uploads - The New Way! are incorrect. There are other iterations out there, but this is the best one IMHO. The other 30% is that it takes a long time for emailed photos to show up.

The instructions above don't specify that you have to have an existing Photobucket folder in the email subject. I believe in the past each member had their own folder, but I think Bill N.Y.'s unavailability makes that impossible because there's no one to make the folders.

The instructions also give the incorrect web link to go see the files you've emailed.

Can anyone change the instruction post?

Apart from that, a bulletin board that restricts and charges for storage to such an extent that we have to upload to another service seems crazy to me. Changing to a new bulletin board opens a huge kettle of worms though.

I'm a new (2 year) Barth owner and I'd really hate to see this web site fade to nothing because of user frustration. I've seen many people offer to take up abandoned projects and duties. Bill N.Y. are you out there? Can we help you continue this great site that you started?

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B
03-17-2016, 03:06 AM
Quinn
Kevin, whether someone is 15 or 99, having to request a call-back from someone in Ohio to walk them through the process of uploading pics to a web site that's meant to share pics is a bit much to ask in this day and age. Most people won't. They'll simply not upload pics.

It seems much easier just to update the instructions.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B
03-17-2016, 06:45 PM
Kevin
quote:
is a bit much to ask

Bill NY taught me, and I did not think a phone call was a bit much. Uploading photos is simple if you know the specific little things that are needed. Like any technology, miss one thing and it will not work. I am here to help you learn how to post pictures.
03-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Pirate19
Very generous Kevin. I have been Photobucket challenged. Been flagged by Rusty, who's been kind enough to correct my copy/paste. I will PM for a good time for you.

BTW, for the first time I was in Cleveland this past weekend. What a beautiful city - not a piece of litter to be found and new construction everywhere. The service at numerous restaurants was outstanding. Sure puts the major city in southwest PA to shame.