Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth_Royale_1984_35ft
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Donald
posted
Hi there,

Don here, new on this site. Recently acquired my retirement home, a 35 footer 84 Barth Royale.

New 454 chev engine, two new Carrier a/c units, 7000 watt generator, all new tires, tag axle model.

62,000 miles.

Here are some fair weather pictures I took last year.

Glad to meet you all!

Don

Posts: 2 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Member Since: 01-04-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Donald
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Member Since: 01-04-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice looking coach! You will appreciate the tag axle every time you drive. I love my 33. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do they put a new engine and they take the windows out or is there some other way to get an engine in there?

Posts: 42 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Member Since: 04-27-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I did it this way:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/6693923287

mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Post some interior shots!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do they put a new engine and they take the windows out or is there some other way to get an engine in there?

They engage SteveVW Big Grin

Elegant-looking coach!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new coach. I also own a 1984 Royale 35' Barth. We have the same data plate except mine is 2/84. I think we are the only 2 Royale owners on the site. Incidently, you'll find our 35 ft coaches are 34 ft bumper to bumper. Does yours have an all oak interior except the wallpaper in the bath? Mine is 100% oak on walls everything except bath. I've dealt with several,things on mine. Looking at the window placement, we may even have the same floor plan. Mine has a front living room, center kitchen with dinette on,drivers side, then bath and closets and rear twins. We replaced the rear mattresses with rear couches making it into a rear lounge....with 4 boys under 9, we needed the room.....Holler if you have any questions! K&E

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sandytoes
posted Hide Post
Nice looking coach. The colours are similar to mine. Maybe we'll see each other on the road, as I plan to travel up and down Vancouver Island this summer, with maybe a trip or two to the mainland.

1991 Regal 28' 454 Banks Power Pak

Posts: 80 | Location: Duncan, BC Canada | Member Since: 05-31-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Nice coach and welcome to the board Smiler

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
Nice! Nice job on the engine swap too! Glad to see that my data tag isn't defaced. I had assumed some knucklehead had used the square-head screws after yanking it, to keep it in the RV. Screws are in the same place, so, if nothing else, the holes are OEM... :P

I'll probably do a yank and rebuild of my 454, with a reduction in stroke, and longer rods to increase torque and mileage. May reduce the compression and add a turbo, mostly to keep the power-level even on up into the mountains.

Mine needs to be gutted and remodeled. Not a lot of Barth original left to the interior. Has a roughly square bath with a corner shower in it, on the passengers' side, aft of the side door.

Mine is an '84 Euro 35 ft. I have the large Kohler generator in a compartment across the rear, above the bumper. I'd sure like to see more of your interior and may need to get some dimensions from you, as mine isn't here, at the house, yet. Hopefully she will be, by mid July.

Later,
Jeff F.
Cedar Creek, TX

Jeff & Greta Frusha
Luling, TX
'84 Euro Special (35 ft)
'75 MC (33 ft)

Posts: 44 | Location: Luling, Texas | Member Since: 05-24-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post