Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1964 Barth 19' Trailer
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I just picked this up today off Craiglist. I think I might have stole it at $900 but not sure. I know the Barth's have a good reputation for quality builds. The interior is a mess and will need to be gutted.

May be looking for some original Barth parts if anyone knows where they can be found.

Posts: 8 | Location: Wellsville, KS | Member Since: 10-15-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site! You have found a good source for info and advice. Try the search feature in the archives for lots of good stuff. You should be able to find some photos of other Barth trailers. Yours is a very early one, Barth only made trailers from about 63 to 69.

For that price you can't lose! (You could probably get that much for the scrap aluminum!)

We usually post photos via Photobucket. It saves memory use on this site and the photos come back in standard size. Basically, we forward the photos to Photobucket by email, then just post a link to the photo here on this site. There is a tutorial here on the process.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, we have some pretty helpful people here. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve. I can't seem to edit my own posts to take out the supersized photo. :-)

quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Welcome to the site! You have found a good source for info and advice. Try the search feature in the archives for lots of good stuff. You should be able to find some photos of other Barth trailers. Yours is a very early one, Barth only made trailers from about 63 to 69.

For that price you can't lose! (You could probably get that much for the scrap aluminum!)

We usually post photos via Photobucket. It saves memory use on this site and the photos come back in standard size. Basically, we forward the photos to Photobucket by email, then just post a link to the photo here on this site. There is a tutorial here on the process.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, we have some pretty helpful people here. Thumbs Up

Posts: 8 | Location: Wellsville, KS | Member Since: 10-15-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
check the bottom right corner of the post. There is an "edit" icon in the center. Click that, then you'll have an option to add/delete attachment.

You can email the photo to me and I will shoot it through Photobucket for you, if you like.

svanwesten2@yahoo.com

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It says I don't have permission to edit my post. :-)

quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
check the bottom right corner of the post. There is an "edit" icon in the center. Click that, then you'll have an option to add/delete attachment.

You can email the photo to me and I will shoot it through Photobucket for you, if you like.

svanwesten2@yahoo.com

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Oops, I forgot you are newbies. I think you have limited functions for the first five or ten posts, (something about spammers)

Let it ride for now, you can go back later. No big deal.

Bill NY is the site owner/moderator but has been buried in work/family stuff. Meanwhile I'm just a troll with no power but I'll help when I can. Thumbs Up

AHA! It appears to be fixed. bravo nice trailer!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Casey had some time on his paws, so he fixed it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I have some questions... but we'll start with just one...

The windows on the front.. especially the curved. They are plexi on this camper.. is that original?

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I will check my windows tomorrow and let you know.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary. It looks like the flat ones on the front are glass, although the large top one has been replaced with plexi. But both curved windows are plexi.

quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
I will check my windows tomorrow and let you know.

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Had to go out of town, will check windows tomorrow ( I promise).

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Flat windows are glass but curved ones are plexiglass.

Mary

posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary!

quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
Flat windows are glass but curved ones are plexiglass.

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Would like to see interior pics. Mine was a mess when I got it, had been a hotel for mice. No structural damage just really dirty and smelly.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet trailer. I saw your post on Tin Can Tourists. The curved windows are plexi in both of our trailers.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post