Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

68 Barth Trailer
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted
This is the trailer that I bought in Florida and brought back to Tennessee. She is a little rough on the inside but I hope to make it comfortable.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
You go Mary!!! Glad to see you've got it home. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
HEY!
I don't think it looks that bad at all....I think you have a good foundation to work with and will have quite a showpiece when you get done!!!!!!!

Think of how fun it can be...think of how fun a retro-theme could be....you'll have a definate one-of-a-kind...unlike the run of the mill stick-n-staple.

Looking forward to seeing the end product and watching your progress....keep us all posted with pictures!!!

K&E

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Mary I still have the cushions from the U shaped "living room" from my Barth. You may have them if we can figure a way to get them to you. They could get you back to the 70's if you're going for retro. Dick

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Dick, thanks for the offer of the cushions but I think I am going to replace the dinette that goes there with a wrap-a-round counter and bar stools.

But if I change my mind maybe you can meet us in Florida this year.

I won't be able to work on it for about a week and then only to clean up. I promise to keep pictures coming.

We took truck and trailer to scales today and the total weight was 8140, will take truck only tomorrow so we can see what trailer actually weighs.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
truck and trailer combined: 8140
truck only 4540
trailer 3600

This weight is empty trailer, no appliances, water, food, personal belongings etc.

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Tim&Gayle
posted Hide Post
I want to say you have a great unit would have made a great pull behind bedroom for us Smiler good luck with her I'm sure you will work well with it cheers

alex my grandson
we snuck away over the
holidays for a little fun

Posts: 89 | Location: orlando florida | Member Since: 04-23-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tim&Gayle, progress is slow due to the heat but hope to bring it to the GTG in December in Florida.

How is the progress on yours coming along?

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
progress is slow due to the heat

Looks like a cool project. Maybe you could get an air conditioner running so work can be a lot more. mechanic

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Tim&Gayle
posted Hide Post
same here Red FaceHEAT Red Face I have air but not 30amp service so would mealt elec cords or distroy the compressor

alex my grandson
we snuck away over the
holidays for a little fun

Posts: 89 | Location: orlando florida | Member Since: 04-23-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Dusty, I have the same problem that Tim&Gayle have, only 15 amp service, I could run the genny but I am not planning on trip in the trailer until December GTG in Florida.

Mary