Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

FMCA
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Does this site have an affiliation with FMCA??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:

No I have checked with FMCA for us on this. If we raise $30 a one time fee we can have a affiliation there. I would be willing to apply for the affiliation, but would need the support of several members here.
I will start a POLL in another thread.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
IIRC, Bill NY started a chapter for Barths many years ago.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty, Is the Barth Chapter still listed? I never did see a Barth Chapter in the FMCA organization. If you can find a link please post it here.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Wasn't that what the Barth Rangers had?

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
No, it was separate from the Rangers.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:

RE Bill N.Y.PM:
#F404550...is this Barthmobile number still in available to the Barth guys...

>>Bill N.Y.: NO its NOT!

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Family Motor Coach Association numbers are never assigned to another member. When a member quits dies or moves on the number is inactive. New members get new numbers. Even if someone buys a coach with a previously listed number, you cannot retain The previous owner's number.

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Ok.... here's my question.... what are the advantages and the disadvantages of joining FMCA. I am happy now so apparently I don't know what I don't know.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Fred, I am not trying to recruit any member here to join Family Motor Coach Association. I did not start the topic. I would like to see "BARTH" listed as a group in FMCA, since the topic came up. There are benefits to all membership organizations. My favorite with FMCA is staying in Cincinnati, Ohio at the headquarters up to two nights a month for free. Here is a link with a few reasons to join. If you would like to join the organization, please throw my name in the hat for suggesting joining to you. My member number is 448539.
My thoughts are, we do not want to infiltrate Barthmobile with all kinds of SOB members. We already have a few, Sorry but most SOB owners used to own a BARTH. Smiler I would like to have FMCA Thumbs Up recognize Thumbs Up a Barth Motor Coaches and Campers as a special group, if you personally join FMCA or not. Most folks have never heard of a Barth, hmm so this would give folks something to recognize Barth owners by. Salute
Fred I do believe I have seen you on IRV2 which is another group. Not that we are traitors, we just like to see what other folks are about in other organizations.
There is a one time fee to be recognized by FMCA as a "BARTH group."

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Charlie exaggerates. I've belonged to FMCA and Good Sam for 14 years. Good Sam, despite having been acquired by Marcus Lemonis (Camping World) is lighter and less serious.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rusty:
Charlie exaggerates. I've belonged to FMCA and Good Sam for 14 years. Good Sam, despite having been acquired by Marcus Lemonis (Camping World) is lighter and less serious.[/QUOT

Rusty, you left out the main reason to have a Good Sam membership. Constant mail! Actually I like the trip planner and discounts at campgrounds.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Charlie exaggerates. I've belonged to FMCA and Good Sam for 14 years. Good Sam, despite having been acquired by Marcus Lemonis (Camping World) is lighter and less serious.

Tim, I think you left the e] off of your above post. Did you mean for it to come out like the above here?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
sometimes when you quote and correct you backspace too far and get a quot.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe you should have the rights to edit your post with a e]. If not maybe Rusty or Bill could edit for us. Or just leave it for the humor.
I am still laughing at your statement: ROTFLMAO sometimes when you quote and correct you backspace too far and get a quot. ROTFLMAO