Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    January 1979 Motorhome Magazine Ad
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

January 1979 Motorhome Magazine Ad
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,

If you come across any other ads from the 60's or 70's, I would love to know about them. During that time, my grandfather did all of the advertising for Barth. He was also the owner of a 1976 Barth. Specifically, I am looking for an ad that appeared on a magazine cover that had a 34' Barth, and a lear jet at the airport. I was actually in that ad as a kid, standing in front of the coach.

Thanks,

Jeff Gotsch

Posts: 2 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 11-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gotsch:
Dave,

If you come across any other ads from the 60's or 70's, I would love to know about them. During that time, my grandfather did all of the advertising for Barth.
Try this link. Dave sells a CD and a lot of the ads are in there. Dave Bowers Barthmobile.com CD

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Specifically, I am looking for an ad that appeared on a magazine cover that had a 34' Barth, and a lear jet at the airport. I was actually in that ad as a kid, standing in front of the coach.

Small world....I have that specific ad (Trailer Life magazine, from mid-'70's), framed and mounted over the door inside my '78-24'P-32.......The pic shows a pre-Regal style Barth on a runway, with folks headed to (or from?) a Series 24 Learjet.....

I found it on E-bay several years ago...search Barth in All Catagories once in awhile - there's a vendor that sells vintage RV advertisements.......

I don't want to part with the original, but I'd be happy to try and scan it for you if you're interested.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Follow Up: Here's where I found the ad....Maybe he has more.....Good luck.....

http://stores.ebay.com/Walter-Miller-Auto-Truck-Literature

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Lee, scanning it is a good idea, anyway. We have things like that that have faded just from interior UV, and wished I had been able to dupe them to save them. We have several that we replace once a year or so due to face. Having a file is really good.

Photoshop can work wonders, though, and we have resurrected some faded things we really liked.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. That is actually me waving as a little kid, standing in front of the Barth. If you are able to scan it and email a copy, that would be great. Thanks! jgotsch@iupui.edu

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
quote:
Specifically, I am looking for an ad that appeared on a magazine cover that had a 34' Barth, and a lear jet at the airport. I was actually in that ad as a kid, standing in front of the coach.

Small world....I have that specific ad (Trailer Life magazine, from mid-'70's), framed and mounted over the door inside my '78-24'P-32.......The pic shows a pre-Regal style Barth on a runway, with folks headed to (or from?) a Series 24 Learjet.....

I found it on E-bay several years ago...search Barth in All Catagories once in awhile - there's a vendor that sells vintage RV advertisements.......

I don't want to part with the original, but I'd be happy to try and scan it for you if you're interested.

Posts: 2 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 11-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Lee for scanning this. Now everyone can see what Gotsch is talking about.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post