Reply To This Topic

windshield 1980 barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
hi
any body out there know were i can get a
driver side windshield ?? for a 1980 barth

thanks jim

Posts: 3 | Location: fort pierce florida usa | Member Since: 12-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim,

Thank you for visiting the website. Most all local glass guys get their RV glass from Duncan Systems. http://www.duncansys.com/rvglass.htm they have your windshield in stock. Expect to pay $900 to $1K installed. Your local glass guy will pay around $400 for the glass so you will want to get a number of bids. There is also a company called Coach Glass http://www.coachglass.com/ which also supplies glass for RV's.

I always advise folks to check at least three glass installers who's offices are near RV lots so they have a lot of experience.

One other thing. Your Barth is virtually all aluminum with the exception of the frame which holds your windshield. There is a chance that some rusting has taken place on that frame. Glass installer have a special Mylar type tape which can seal that metal frame and then the glass goes over the tape. This will increase the black frame around your windshield by about an 1/8 of an inch but will keep you from having any leaks around the top of your windshield.

Best of luck and let us know how things came out.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
There is an RV auto salvage yard near Joplin, MO you might check with. I saw they have a 1990 Barth they are parting out.
web site: colawrvsalvage.com
Telephone Toll Free: (877) 548-2125
email: sales@colawrvsalvage.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an awfully strange looking 1990 Barth... It just might be a 1980 Regal. The windshields look OK too, unless what I think is a reflection is really smashed glass.
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
That 1990 and the 1970's something at Colaw has been cannibalized for about a year or more. Fred Shekorra got a relay off of the '90 almost 2 years ago. I have had the Barth insignia's sitting on my desk for at least that long. They sent me three of them and one was used for the trophy for the first annual Barth open last June.

By the way, I do not want to sound uncool but who would want to contact the Anthony's who just totaled their coach to see where the pieces went. I need two un-rusted head light frames..

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post