Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1997 Barth Brochures
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/07
posted
I am looking for brochures or what ever on a 1997 Barth Monarch DSL 300hp 34' I would appreciate any help.
Thanks LU38RE

Posts: 12 | Location: Columbia Station ,Ohio USA | Member Since: 02-08-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Congratulation on your new, wonderful coach purchase. I have sent you by email, two documents on Monarch build specs and options and a full color brochure. I hope this helps.. and Welcome to Barthmobile.com...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Corco
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,

I am new to the Barth following and I was wondering if you would be willing to send the documents for the 1997 Barth Monarch to me too? I am looking at a 1997 Barth Monarch diesel in Northern Atlanta area with what I think should be the C- Series C8.3 diesel, without the electronics of the ISC.

I have have been doing research before contacting the owner. Just from walking around it the only exterior problems I see are that the front fiberglass section and the lower bumber is cracking and might have been repainted/repaired at one time, the front access door hinge on the front of the Barth looks like it is seperating from the fiberglass and the side area light cover that lights up under the awning cover is missing. The owners sign, Ben, says it has 24,000 miles and is asking $45,000

Thank you in advance,

The other Corey

Posts: 36 | Location: Northern Atlanta Burbs', Georgia | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
Hi I have a 98 monarch the front bumper has had a crack before I got it, rear bumper bent, fixed and bent again. The top of the front cap has little cracks SMS the clear coat peeling at the curve been told by body shops common. Design flaw and poor driving on my part,

I bought mine in 2007 for 50,000 and have put 40,000 on it since then. Now about 90k and all service guys like the mechanical engine.

I don't have a set of books if you get a set I will pay for an additional copy but it has not been too difficult without as the Barth is simply yet sturdily make and easy to track problems.

I have been very happy with my unit.

I don't know if low mileage is good or not, I store mine 9 months every year, I live in Thailand and things only break when the unit sits, at the end of the trip it is always running the best, I had a gmc 4104 before with 400,000 miles and was told it was just warming up.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Corco
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

You have a great 98' Monarch. If I find a brochure I'll be sure to forward it to you.

I uploaded pictures of the 97' Monarch that is also 37' feet long like yours that I am looking at. Unfortunately the current owner hit something on the right front A-pilar and it looks like there "might" be structural damage because I think a rivet is missing on the A-pilar where the bono crack is. I labeled the picts so you know what thay are.

http://s552.photobucket.com/al...?albumview=slideshow

There are a few mecahnical issues I noticed.

1) The radiator fan is leaking hydraulic fluid. Wonder how much that costs to fix and if it is a DYI job?
2)Dipstick tube seal is leaking from block. (not sure if this is a DYI job either)
3)Looks like what is a diesel gen is leaking oil from the pan seal... might be a 7500 Onan?
4)Basement looks like is has some bad rust due to bad seals on the basement doors, I am guessing as the cause.
5) Possible water leak under the pasenger side window just to left of entrance door. Interior white panel has wrinkled.
6)Wondering if front end was in an accident? The rails the generator sits on look like they where cut off really rough.
7) Left front driving light recess has a bunch of bondo inside.
8)Access door to generator has a crack all along the left side of it.
9)The pannel above the generator access door looks to be coming detached from the fiberglass mounting area.
10) Entrance door window has moisture inside it.
11) Steering box is leaking red fluid
12) Only has basement A/C unit... not sure that would be enough to cool the inside very efficiently or well?

I haven't even been able to access the inside yet either! Hope there is better news in there.

With all this I am wondering if I should just pass on this one? I have no idea who to contact or who could fix the A-pilar issue/passenger mirror issue?

Good news is that the tires seem to be newish.. made in 2008 and 2009... and the fuel filer looks like it may have been changed at one point so that should mean the the oil should have been changed at least once in the 24,000 miles it has on it. I am hoping they changed the oil every 6000 miles, drained the radiator every two years, changed the coolant filter at 12,000 miles and changed the tranny main filter at 5000 miles as well. I'll hopefully know once I contact the seller

I was surprised that there are so many leaks with such relatively low miles?

Thanks,

The other Corey - a.k.a "CJ"

Posts: 36 | Location: Northern Atlanta Burbs', Georgia | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post