Barthmobile Portal
Old Sharp Convection Microwave Information

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3731087061/m/761102231

07-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Curtis H.
Old Sharp Convection Microwave Information
I have a Sharp Carousel Convection Microwave from a 1984 Barth Regal that I would like to give from one Barthmobiler to another Barthmobiler FREE of charge.

My sources have told me the microwave/oven worked as it should, never having a problem with it. They also mentioned that it has seen little use, since they would mostly eat out when getting to their destination.

The microwave/oven is clean and complete. I was just able to test the microwave feature, since I don't have the service to test the convection oven. The microwave is easily capable of boiling a cup of water within 3 minutes, and I am confident of the convection oven being the same (however cannot guarantee it)

Considering the weight of this machine (I think about 60lbs.!), I would like to give preference to someone local, but can also ship it if that's the case.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks
-Curtis

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli
07-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis H.:
Considering the weight of this machine (I think about 60lbs.!), I would like to give preference to someone local, but can also ship it if that's the case.
To save on shipping, you could also bring it with you to the Washington DC GTG. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message
07-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Curtis H.
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
To save on shipping, you could also bring it with you to the Washington DC GTG. Wink

That's an idea Bill!

But I don't know if a Barth GTG would be classified as an excused absence for class... Big Grin

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli
07-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis H.:
But I don't know if a Barth GTG would be classified as an excused absence for class... Big Grin
Eye wood wright U ah ♪♫♪♫. Big Grin

On second thought... stay in school. We'll see you
when you graduate or maybe at the, yet to be announced,
2nd annual MI area GTG in a few ___________. Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message
07-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Shadow man
Maybe if you called it a field trip?
07-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Jim and Tere
Does it rattle without the hardware inside?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
07-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Curtis H.
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Does it rattle without the hardware inside?

To be completely honest, I have no idea. I've only driven the Barth around the side yard for a few minutes, and I was so giddy that the motorhome was actually running/driving I didn't notice a thing! For all I know, there could have been a monkey jumping up on the back bed screaming it's head off and I wouldn't of even noticed it!

Like I said, I've tested out the microwave at my house, but have no idea about it going down the road.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

-Curtis

10-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Regal Blue
Curtis!

I just found your posting for '09 on the Sharps Microwave/Convection Oven....!
Do you still have it?
Our newly acquired '85 Barth is equipped with this unit but no booklet/cook book/data came with it...
I'm hoping you might still have some documentation on it that will be helpful.

Thanks-
10-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Don in Cincy
The original post is from 6 years ago. However, if you know the model number of your unit, you can often search it online and find a pdf of the original manual. Smiler
10-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Regal Blue
Thanks-I thought I would try despite the age of the posting.....No, I don't have the model number. The unit is buried in it's cabinet and we were hoping to locate information before having to pull it out since this will be a big undertaking.
In my researching this microwave/conv oven, I found that Airstream also used these model in their motorhomes...
Thanks anyway.
02-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Regal Blue
Hello Everyone,

We finally got a peek at the numbers of our Sharp Carousel 2 Microwave/convection oven and I am posting them for all who still have these ovens in their coaches-Ours is a '85 Regal:
07/1984, 700 watt, R8300, serial # 09125, 2450 megahertz, FCC # AFL9X5MR0026, Paramus, NJ.
I am still looking for the instruction manual for this and have had no luck-even wrote Sharp and provided the data on our unit.
Will update when anything else is discovered.
If anyone still has this unit, please get back to me.

Take care.
02-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Doug Smiley
quote:
Sharp Carousel 2 Microwave/convection oven

would a 1987 pdf be close enough?

http://www.microwavedisplay.com/r8570_r8465_om.pdf

or???

http://kitchen.manualsonline.c...mfg/sharp/r200v.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

03-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Don in Cincy
quote:
07/1984, 700 watt, R8300

Here is the 1983 Sharp Carousel Convection Microwave Cookbook on Amazon... Same one that came with the 1984's.

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-Ca...okbook/dp/B000NMIIUY

03-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Regal Blue
Doug and Don,

Thank you so much for posting the links and photo of the microwave/conv oven in question!
Sadly, they don't apply to my oven-it has dials instead of the touchpads and I am just not sure the differences in them would interface for functionality.....?
But, thanks so much again.....I did contact Sharp Corp who kindly replied that they have no records.
The search goes on......!