Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    Rising Fuel Costs - Consumer's Phenomenon Here
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rising Fuel Costs - Consumer's Phenomenon Here
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I just received a request from the person that originally posted this. It appears that their ad is not in compliance and they need to amend it. Just so we are clear here I thought I would post the letter in it's entirety. Below is the request...

Hi Bill,

It's me again. I AM the original poster. This is all my information. I am a distributor with Fuel Freedom Int'l. You can see my site in the signature.

I have received another warning from my compliance department at FFI regarding the below ad which needs to be either edited or deleted.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...1087061/m/6601049871

-30%, Fuel Freedom, and MPG-caps

The part if RED is noncompliant. As you stated, if you could just edit that out, I'll be ok with compliance. Waiting to hear from you. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Whole ad here....
FUEL FREEDOM IS HERE! MPG
FUEL CAPS are now available! Stretch your fuel! Distributors wanted worldwide.
Wholesale/Retail.

Watch the VIDEO on our website! WOW EPA registered.
What are they? Vitamin size capsules you place in your gas tank before every fill-up. It’s a chemical reaction, not a trick or gimmick. The reaction always takes place. The results are proven.

What will they do? They will:

Increase gas mileage 10%-30%+.
Work in gas, ethanol, diesel and bio-diesel engines.
Work in automobiles, tractor trailers, boats and RV's.
Reduce exhaust and emissions.
Restore lost power.
Increase power.
Increase torque.
Save you money at the pump.
Prevent you from having to spend extra money on premium fuel.
Increase octane level in fuel.
Not harm your engine.
Comes fully insured and with a 30 day money back guarantee.

Why? Because it just makes sense. How can you start SAVING on FUEL COST NOW?

To Order MPG FUEL CAPS or to become a Distributor go to: (deleted)
2 minute pre-recorded call: (deleted)
15 minute pre-recorded call: (deleted)
----------
MPG CAPS FOR FUEL AS SEEN ON WTKR NEWS TV 3

Tests were conducted by an EPA approved laboratory. Tier 1 Testing was performed. MPG Caps create a more efficient burn, which increases power, increases mileage, saves money and nearly eliminates all harmful exhaust emissions.

EVERYONE DRIVES...THINK ABOUT IT...THE LEADS ARE
ENDLESS

Seeking anyone interested to take a whole new
revolutionary, biodegradable, environmentally safe,
product to the worldwide public.

Full training and support provided.

Must have SOME people skills "Hi, want to save UP TO 30% on your fuel expenses?"
SOLD! It's that simple. We are NOT joking.

How many people...do you know...that drive? Think
about it.

Great commission structure, leads are endless.
Remember...EVERYONE DRIVES!

Save people, companies, up to 30% on the fuel expenses
today. Think about it...Everyone Drives, The leads are
endless!!!!!!!! Now, think about that for a moment....

SEE the opportunity unfolding?

Nicolee Castiglione
Fuel Freedom Int'l
www.globalfuelnow.com

I could edit this... but why? So, if the original poster can not edit this I could "tweak" it after a few days. Does anyone have a suggestion on tweaking it?

I am thinking about a warning to just ignore what is in red as it's not in compliance... anyone else?

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
"Danger Will Robinson!"

To be more specific about my prior post:

Years ago, I had a Camaro SS/RS with the 350 cu. in./325 HP engine.

I got a carburetor that saved 30% on fuel consumption.

I added a Magnetic Flow thingy that saved 20%.

The add-on air filter saved 20%

The ram-air intake saved 10%

The low-rolling-resistance tires saved 20%

The front air dam saved 20%

So, my total savings was 120%. Every 150 miles, I had to stop and drain the excess fuel out of the gas tank. Sadly, one week, I forgot, and the gasoline saved spilled out of the fuel filler, caught fire, and the car burned up.

I'd just admonish Barth Forum members not to get something like this unless they won't be forgetful like I was, and see their Barths go up in flames.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I love Barthmobile, gosh what a hoot.

The quote I use and say came from Barnum is "No one has ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the American Public."

Now I hope we can agree that the stuff we have discussed thus far is just foolishness; we all know that for real gas savings the Non-Newtonian parallel universe offroad only chip suitable for 1997 and newer engines offer by the Emperor Wang from the planet Po-no is the way to go. It also generates a force field that prevents intersection cameras from detecting your vehicle, what more could you need?

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I could edit this... but why? So, if the original poster can not edit this I could "tweak" it after a few days. Does anyone have a suggestion on tweaking it?

I am thinking about a warning to just ignore what is in red as it's not in compliance... anyone else?

Bill N.Y.

Some things are best left as originally created. Would you colorize Ansel Adams? Would you reduce the number of reels in von Stroheim's GREED? (Well, maybe Smiler ) Would you bowdlerize Tom Jones? (No, not Vegas Tom). Would you put a Speedo on Michaelangelo's David? Are any mortals worthy to even put arms on Venus de Milo?

Even the best-intentioned translations of works in another language diminish the original. Read four translations of the Odyssey, for example. All are good, and attempt to be true to the original words and thought. But all are different. There is a cultural context that a creative artist or writer puts into his art that others cannot improve.

OK, I'll stop.

The original post deserves to remain unedited in all its original glory. Even its creator should respect it for what it is and leave it unedited.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timnlana:
The quote I use and say came from Barnum is "No one has ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the American Public."

Wasn't that Menckin?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Could be...Barnum said, "There's a fool born every minute, and two born to take him in."

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Never heard that last part. Sounds great!

My fave PTism is "Money is a poor master but a wonderful servant."

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
One item that has been proved to be effictive is the fuel magnet. I do not remember all the details, but this was presented at a bus conversion rally seminar a few years ago by a Detroit Diesel engineer. Most of the testing was done in FL by various metro bus lines. In controlled testing they were seeing up to 1/2 mile per gallon increase. Not much, but in a large fleet an enormous amount of fuel. There are some web sites dealing with this. The problem was nothing explained why. It just was.

OK awaiting the arrows.

Ouch

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it must be a HUGE magnet attached to the front bumper and you follow the guy in front of you real close???

Posts: 52 | Location: Staunton VA | Member Since: 01-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
One item that has been proved to be effictive is the fuel magnet.
Our very own EPA has tested these devices and have concluded that they really don't do anything but lighten your wallet. Honestly, wouldn't you think that, if all it took was a magnet to increase MPG then all of the auto and truck manufacturers would have these installed at the factory?

I remember consumer reports doing an article on magnets and other devices many years ago and they reported the same thing too... No increase in MPG.
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
OK awaiting the arrows.
Have you noticed a 1/2 mile per gallon increase too? I wish it was that simple.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reduce exhaust and emissions.
Restore lost power.
Increase power.
Increase torque.

Maybe we have it all wrong. Maybe these pills are really meant to be dietary supplements. Will it help me with my hairline too? ;-)

Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 524 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted August 19, 2007 09:53 PM Hide Post
"Danger Will Robinson!"

To be more specific about my prior post:

Years ago, I had a Camaro SS/RS with the 350 cu. in./325 HP engine.

I got a carburetor that saved 30% on fuel consumption.

I added a Magnetic Flow thingy that saved 20%.

The add-on air filter saved 20%

The ram-air intake saved 10%

The low-rolling-resistance tires saved 20%

The front air dam saved 20%

So, my total savings was 120%. Every 150 miles, I had to stop and drain the excess fuel out of the gas tank. Sadly, one week, I forgot, and the gasoline saved spilled out of the fuel filler, caught fire, and the car burned up.

I'd just admonish Barth Forum members not to get something like this unless they won't be forgetful like I was, and see their Barths go up in flames.

Rusty

StaRV II, '94 28' Breakaway, MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP
2 Not-spoiled Golden Retrievers (Maggie Mae and Casey Bleu)

Lotsa AstroGear

Today while cruising down I-5 from a trip to the Washington Coast, Wifey asked me why we don't buy some kind of fuel additive she heard of on the radio Coolthat gives fantastic mileage increases.... Thanks to Rusty, I was able to paraphrase the above and win this argument before it started!!
A Happy John!!

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO! Big Grin

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

I think I got it...

If you post this "Stuff" on our site we will suspend your account, ban your IP address from showing up and poke fun at your products.

• Suspend account: Check
  • Ban IP address: Check
  • Poke fun at products: Check
This is a members only supported website. We do not allow any commercial advertising on the forum pages. If you want this deleted you'll need to pay a $250.00 processing fee.

Anyone else have another suggestion to combat this?

Bill N.Y.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey does anybody remember the folks in either Arizona or New Mexico that were trying to reinvent the steam engine car about 30 years ago? As I recall, it was going to save the planet, too. But the conspiracy guys said that Detroit killed it anyway. But now that we have global warming, where would we get all the water to make the steam? Maybe from melting icebergs, but then there's the salt problem. Water would probably end up costing more than gas--just like some 'bottled' water does now.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post