Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Artist Conception
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
This is the picture that Walt Bartkowiak left with me to get to the RV Museum. It is an artist conception of the new restyled motor coach for 1974.
It was drawn by Madill on 2/8/73. (My 28th birthday cheers)

I'm sending the picture to BillNY to copy for Barthmobile's archives and he will forward it on to the museum.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The reason for the Barth redesign... Barth couldn't source any more of the shorter front windshields.

From what we've been able to get from the data tag project, the first coach we can find with the new larger windshields is coach 1485 built on 11/16/73. The last coach, with the shorter windshields is coach 1381 built on 7/2/73.

As you can tell, that's a pretty wide margin of error to know when they started to produce these.

So, if your coach falls within that time frame, perhaps you can update us on the Barth Data Tag number and let us know which front windshield you have.

Within this range, Barth also was manufacturing their new Class C coaches, so I would suspect that a few of those 1004 missing coaches would be of the Class C configuration.

- Coach 1381 built on 7/2/73 -

- Coach 1409 built on 8/6/73 -

- Coach 1485 built on 11/16/73 -

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks a bit like the Cortez - scroll down for pictures at:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...853905967#4853905967

Posts: 39 | Location: USA | Member Since: 04-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post