Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    Sharp Carousel instruction book
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sharp Carousel instruction book
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
The coach we recently purchased has 4 notebooks of documentation and manuals. The only one missing is for a Sharp Carousel II, model R-1830. Does any one have one I could buy or willing to make a copy of yours for me. I will gladly pay for your time and trouble.

Thanks
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I assume you're talking about the microwave/convection oven. I don't have the full manual, but I have the two-page "Auto-Touch Guide" for the 1830, which has served me well.

email me with your snail mail address, and I'll send it. For email, click on my name, public profile, and email me wth your physical address, and I'll send a copy. Or, if you'd like to see StaRV II (and my two not-spoiled Golden Retrievers), I'll be at Deerlick Astronomy Village 10/6-14/07, just outside Sharon, GA, (maybe 25 miles from you) and can deliver it to you in person. Come in the early evening, and you can get some incredible vistas through my (and others') astronomical telescopes.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
One of the manuals that came with thr Euro was "The new magic of high speed cooking" put out by Magic Chef, which is what our Micro-Convection is. It's a full size cookbook that tells you how to cook about anything in a convection oven. We make biskits for Sunday morning Biskits and gravy, and they turn out perfect. [Grands] Camping weekends have become pizza Friday night. The more you get used to it the more you'll like the convection, and the Microwave is still there to use just like in the house.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Nick, I don't know if ours is the same model , but will check and let you know.
The problem with our microwave is that some of the pushpads no longer respond. About the only thing you can use on it is the sensor reheat.
Does it make sense to remove it and see if it is repairable? It looks like new inside and out but the stuff available today is probably more powerful and energy effient.
Do people use the convection features often? Other folks have said that they hardly ever use the convection so just replace it with a regular micro.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:

Do people use the convection features often? Other folks have said that they hardly ever use the convection so just replace it with a regular micro.
Don

We didn't use ours much, but that is mainly because we are boondockers. But, they are quicker, once you learn how to use it.

We finally took it out and put in a medium size microwave. The extra space beneath it now has a drawer. The space beside it is occupied by a pull-out spice rack.

However, there is another issue. If you replace it with a regular microwave, you won't have an oven. You can use a small electric toaster oven for a lot of oven and broiler uses, but that requires power or generator operation, unless you have a large inverter and battery bank.

Another option (and one that is in our future) is to replace the stovetop with a drop-in stove with a gas oven. That means you lose some storage underneath. The advantage is that you gain an oven like your house oven with a broiler, and you can use it at all hours without running the genset and making noise, if you want to warm up late-night hors d’œuvres with a nice brown on them. And a gas broiler makes the best cheese garlic bread.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Nick
Ours is a Sharp Carousel II Convection ... Model R9H 80. Circa 1989. We have the complete instruction/cook book. If it would be of use, let me know and I'll make a copy.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of Ol' Betsy
posted Hide Post
We use our convection oven almost every day. As well as the microwave part. The convection oven makes toast, crisps frozen waffles (ok, I'm not the domestic type but if I were I could proof bread and other yeast -made products), bakes faster than a gas oven and browns ok. I could live with just a microwave but would rather not.

We also have a three burner stove (came with the Barth) that we use when unhooked.

Speaking of generators, does anyone have experience with solar power add-ons? lol -- wind turbine would be a sight!

Betsy & Carl Feren
Ms Idgie and April
1992 30' Barth Breakaway

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 12-21-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ol' Betsy:

Speaking of generators, does anyone have experience with solar power add-ons?

A search of this site for solar will yield some info. Several of us use solar. Our Barth doesn't even have a plug-in cord, so we depend on solar almost exclusively. If you have any questions, add on to one of the threads or start a new one and ask away. The solar sites in some of the posts are good sources of info, too.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I assume you're talking about the microwave/convection oven. I don't have the full manual, but I have the two-page "Auto-Touch Guide" for the 1830, which has served me well.

email me with your snail mail address, and I'll send it. For email, click on my name, public profile, and email me wth your physical address, and I'll send a copy. Or, if you'd like to see StaRV II (and my two not-spoiled Golden Retrievers), I'll be at Deerlick Astronomy Village 10/6-14/07, just outside Sharon, GA, (maybe 25 miles from you) and can deliver it to you in person. Come in the early evening, and you can get some incredible vistas through my (and others') astronomical telescopes.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Member Since: 09-07-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
Here is a copy of the 1830R Manual in a 96 dpi version. I also have a hi-res version that is 11 mgs and can email it to you directly if the lo-res version is not satisfactory.

Carl Feren

SharpMicrowaveManualLo-Res.pdf

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post