Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    Instruction manual for 91 Breakaway
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Instruction manual for 91 Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi its baby barth I have bought Jim's 91, I will be coming here for lots of help, while I am really liking my barth it needs some tlc, to start is there an instruction manual that describes switches & functions of the coach systems available on the internet or elseware, just inside my coach door on the wall to the left are 4 switches , CL GR SL & ES I know the gr is for grab rail lighting does anyone know the others .Thanks

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ceiling Light, Step Light, Electric Step

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty ,now what about an instruction manual available somewhere, it refers to such on the label forthe fresh water tank

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If you didn't get one with your Breakaway, you'll have to see if someone can scan and send. The usual Barth Binder contains the manuals for the chassis and all the appliances and equipment; these can sometimes be downloaded from the manufacturer.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
BB:
There is no "Master Manual" for our Barths. As Nick Cagle said recently, "There would have to be about 3,000 manuals" in order to cover everything. (Barth often did special modifications for customers while the coach was still on the "production line.")

I can tell you that it depends on how you are hooked up as to what works and what doesn't. Barth did their homework when it assigned overrides to sources of power, but how things switch from propane to electric to alternator is still a mystery to me. ROTFLMAO

And so, if you are not hooked up anywhere and your genset (generator) isn't running, you are on battery power (but only when the bottom switch inside the door is "on". If it is "off", you got nuthin').

If you are on "shore power" (ie: "plugged into something"), things will improve. Outlets will work, lights will come on without depleting the batteries, and if the power is sufficient amp-wise, your outlets will work. I've even plugged into 120v sometime back just to get some lighting!

If you are on a 30-amp hookup (you'll need an adapter to go from 50 to 30 amps on your power cord), some stuff may not work, and you'll risk popping a breaker. (Breakers first to "pop" will usually be in the rear engine compartment if yours is rear-diesel driven.)

A 50-amp hookup is ideal, and should mean that "everything" works. You can even cook bacon on an electrical grill inside ( an added utensil) while the a/c is on. (Eating is everything.)

Hopefully I havent steered you wrong on any of the above. Most of what I've mentioned would have been extremely helpful when we got our coach last year.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Lou that explains a bunch of things thanks, Jim initialy told me there was no manual but when it refered to one at thefresh water tank I had to ask & yes my next question would have been how do you get the outside electrical plugs to work. But lets move on my Barth seems to wander pretty goodon the interstate is this normal because you reallyhave to be on it,is the tail wagging the dog ,thats a lot of weight back there beyond the duals or is there a remedy some one has found,Thanks

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
BB: Have your front end checked, Tie rods pins, shocks, everything. You'll be amazed at the improvment in the handling. If you do your own wrench work you"ll save money, if not it's a little pricey but worth it.......................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Paul, also check your tire pressure. When I drove it the 30 or so miles in Allentown, it did not wander. I once had the same problem and it turned out the tire dealer put 110psi in the tires. Said he always loaded them up to the max. I run 80psi which is what the tire manufacture recommends for my Regal which has about the same weight distribution as your Breakaway.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I run 80 psi also, works well. The P3X rims are only rated for 95 PSI and are clearly stamped. (Mine were clean and freshly painted)

The tire shop in town put 110 psi in them since that is the max pressure on the tire... beware of "professionals" sometimes. confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure enough guys there was 110 lbs in my tires now 80 psi ,Thanks fellas,what are you running in the rears?

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find the tire pressures either on the data tag or a sticker inside the generator door. I use the tire manufacturers' charts, which are 90 front, 100 rear.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I'm running 80 psi all around, front, back and tag axle. Tag calls for 70 but 80 rides well and gives me some leeway on the loaded weight.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post