Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Title trouble
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
The BMV thought my Barth was a Baronet. Imagine that.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I had my 1985 Barth Regency for about 6 years with an incorrect serial number before I noticed it checking the ID plate behind the drivers seat.

When Florida first issued me my title someone type in a S instead of a 5. I went to the tag office with the error and they said they would take care of it. I did bring in the sale paperwork and the previous owners registration.
Now in the time it took me to receive the new title (about two weeks) someone sent my insurance company a letter saying I had an improper title (go figure since it was I who told them). Anyway I went to my insurance agent and she said this happens a lot and corrected it on my ins. policy.

One thing you can do is get a State Trooper to verify the Barth tag/plate. Tell him this could cause serious problems when traveling(should you be stopped by a Trooper/Police (or have an accident) and with your insurance company. Then go to the tag office for title information correction with the Troopers VIN verification sheet. That sheet should list Make- Model- and serial number. Some states also allow local police depts. to do this.

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
I had my Barth Regency titled in Missouri last year. When I received it in the mail the title read "Bart". Was thinking about going back to get it corrected.

Fred
1990 32' Regency, Cummins with Spartan Chasis

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
I had posted previously about my having the VIN on the title and the Barth disagree which can be attributed to a factory error. So, I report the correction to my insurance company and it took them twice to produce policy changes and ID cards with the correct VIN. It was clear to me that their software does not check for valid VINs as what they entered would not have passed. And, no doubt, if I had a wreck, there would be heartburn once more with getting this fixed.

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post