Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    91 Breakaway Spartan Chassis Wiring Diagram
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

91 Breakaway Spartan Chassis Wiring Diagram
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello, we are looking for the engine fuses on our
Coach, anybody knows where are they located ?

Thanks

Posts: 43 | Location: Houston Texas  | Member Since: 12-03-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Most of the Spartans have 2 chassis wiring panels. One in the rear, one in the front. The engine circuits are mostly on the rear panels. They have circuit breakers rather than fuses for most circuits.

The Breakaways may be different but here is a thread I did for the Monarch wiring in the back panel:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...353921987#8353921987

Discussion of front panel and master relays here:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...433948097#1433948097

Specifically, what is the problem you are having?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was putting the tire covers to protect the tires from
sun damage and my Back of my hand touch the metal fender
and felt a current hit in me, I disconnected the engine’s
battery and it stopped shocking me and it will drain the battery if I don’t disconnect it, my alternator has been
Overcharging lately about 18.6 volts the alternator is only
about 3 years old from Wilson, open for suggestions or ideas etc.

Thank You

Posts: 43 | Location: Houston Texas  | Member Since: 12-03-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Evidently your chassis ground has some voltage getting to it.

There could be a problem with the alternator. Overcharging would point there. There are diodes in the alternator to prevent backflow, there may be a short in them.

If you are plugged into shore power and have a battery charging system, there could also be an issue with that. It could be letting some voltage into the coach chassis ground.

If you have a sensitive digital voltmeter, try measuring from a good external ground to the chassis to measure what you are feeling. If it is AC and/or more than 12 volts it is likely leakage from a shore power source, or a ground fault. Could be charger, water heater, or refrigerator. Good luck.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Where you hooked to shore power when this occurred ?
I would have the alternator checked .

Try disconnecting the alternator and see if you still have the shock and battery drain . You can disconnect items until you find the source .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it does it that only when the engine's battery is connected, if I disconnect it, it won't shock me..

Rico

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Rico; it is rare for anyone to feel a shock from a 12 volt DC source, I think it would be a good idea to connect your battery and check voltage to a good ground, hopefully the same ground you are on or touching when you felt the shock.

Any AC or voltage above 12 volts would be from a source other than your battery. You will probably need a digital meter.

Back in the olden days, I wanted a restaurant to check out a device in development, the operator swore it was giving him a shock, it was transformed down to 12 volts so I was somewhat confused. What was wrong was the steel table the device was on, was touching an AC cord that was a bit frayed, the new device was grounded and the frayed cord was actually the cause of the problem. I mention this only because electricity does weird stuff!! Needless to say the restaurant owner wanted nothing to do with my device and would not be convinced it was a problem he needed to correct.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you running a power inverter ?

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Geez, I said what Steve said first..Sorry Professor, should read all the posts!????

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no...not yet..........haven't checked it up yet..
still taking suggestions ....

Thanks

Rico

posted Hide Post
Have you disconnected the alternator and tried it then ?

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

posted Hide Post
I’m going to check all the grounds and all the batteries and cables, I’m not completely sure that the alternator started overcharging at the same time, maybe if we get lucky and find the problem for the body shock it will also fix our alternator problems. ?

Thanks

Rico

posted Hide Post
Well we fixed the alternator and we discovered that
the shock still there it goes away when we disconnect the home power cord... ?????

Thanks

Rico

Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Floating neutral is my thought. No load may show full line potential, turn on a light it could drop by half. Always good to have a handy plug tester, i.e. https://www.northerntool.com/s..._200843167_200843167

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Floating neutral sounds likely .

Are you connected to power through the 50 amp cord to the coach ?

Could be a problem with the outlet you are using .
Also check the connections where your cord connects to the coach .

Make these checks with the power off !

If you are not comfortable with electricity , have a professional check it . We give advice and experiences , but we have to remember that not everyone has the same capabilities . We certainly don't want anyone to get injured .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW