Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1979 21'
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Can anyone help me with operation manuels etc. for my "new to me 79 Barth 21'"???po (2nd owner for last 12 years) had no ring binder, op instructions...for example a switch on the dash is a mystery to the po and to me...I love my Barth but need help...joe...

Posts: 42 | Location: Canton, TX USA | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Where is the Mystery Switch? BTW, photos of the dash would help. My own (unlabelled) "Mystery Switch" turns on the docking lights...

OTOH, it could initiate the self-destruct mechanism, or energize the coach's proton torpedo defense system...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks Rusty...I tried the self destruct idea and nothing exploded...I'll send photos as soon as I get my camera/computer figured out...joe...

Posts: 42 | Location: Canton, TX USA | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
My previously unknown switch flashes yellow lights along the top of the coach. You know how big trucks do when they are clear to pass.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LUCKY YOU, ONLY HAVING ONE MYSTERY SWITCH ON YOUR DASH. I HAVE 3. ONE FOR FRONT FOGLIGHTS, ONE FOR REAR AUX.FLOOD BACK-UP LIGHTS, AND ONE FOR SWITCHING FUEL FEED ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER.
IT TOOK A FEW DAYS TO FIGURE THESE OUT EXACTLY.
HAVING PASSING MOTORISTS FLASH LIGHTS AT ME TO SAY I WAS UNKNOWINGLY BLINDING THEM. THEN, RUNNING OUT OF FUEL ON ONE SIDE AFTER FILLING THE OTHER. THE SWITCH ACTIVATES A PUMP THAT KEEPS FUEL LEVEL EVEN IN BOTH TANKS. AFTER A LITTLE (OK ALOT) OF FRUSTRATION, FIGURED IT OUT.
I AM NOT SURE IF ANY OF THESE APPLY TO YOURS, BUT MIGHT CHECK IT OUT. PERHAPS IF THERE IS NO AUX. LIGHTS, OR 2 TANKS, CHECK FOR EXTRA WIRES HANGING AROUND THESE AREAS. DALE

1977 34' P-30 454

Posts: 19 | Location: Bonners Ferry, Idaho, U.S.A. | Member Since: 12-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My unlabelled rocker switch turns on the docking lights.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Unlabeled switches on my '78 chassis/'79 body, 24 footer:

Red rocker switch, 10 o'clock position = rear coach heater fan for engine hot-water heater.

3-position toggle switch, 3 o'clock position = fuel tank selector for dual tanks.

momentary push button, 8 o'clock position = clearance light flasher.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post