Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    What is it????
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What is it????
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have just "inhereted" a 1991 Barth 30ft coach, and I don't have a clue what it is. Hopefully the comm. can help me ID this thing. (sorry, no pics yet...soon though) I have the S/N-4CDJ59M27M2104032. It rides on an Oshkosh chassis, with the 190 hp Cummins/Allison combo, and 8x19.5 tires. It was used as a mobile showroom for electronic items, so its wired for sound with a 9kw Kohler in the back, a large power dist. center, plugins every 36in along the wall, 2 large roof mount A/C units. I haven't seen any pictures of a vehicle like this, but the body shape is similar to the P30 design, however, right behind what would be the cab, the roof curves up, and adds about another foot of roof height to the back of the coach. There isn't any tanks or plumbing in it, so I think this is the way it came originally. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 12 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 09-30-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Hi, and welcome to the site.

As far as what it is, it is likely a commercial unit, built to spec. The Breakaways used the Cummins 5.9/Spartan combo, but of course, were RVs. Other RVs used the 5.9/Oshkosh, but my poor memory does not register Barth doing that. But, as we chant around the fire, All Barths Are Different.

There should be build data tag somewhere above or behind the driver's seat. It is around 2 inches by 3 inches, and will have a Barth number, the VIN number, tire pressures, weight, etc.

A photo of that, or just its numbers, will tell us a lot.

So will a picture of the coach.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll see if I can get the numbers tomorrow.

Posts: 12 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 09-30-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I was able to talk the old man into checking the number plate for me. This is the Barth number that he found: 9104 3737 30 S 35. The in service date was Feb 14, 1991, and the chassis model is a MC18FD (got this from Freightliner this am) Any help in figuring this thing out would be helpfull. Thanks

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mulitiman:
So I was able to talk the old man into checking the number plate for me. This is the Barth number that he found: 9104 3737 30 S 35. The in service date was Feb 14, 1991, and the chassis model is a MC18FD (got this from Freightliner this am) Any help in figuring this thing out would be helpfull. Thanks

Mulitiman, don't know how much of this is helpful but:
9104 Unit built April, 1991

3737 Sequence number assigned by Barth, We believe this would the the 3,737th unit built. That would include all travel trailers, class c, class a, and specialty units. It does not include the Regency model.

30 Coach is 30 feet long

S Specialty unit or a unit built to be used as other than a RV.

35 Don't have a Clue.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post