Tools
Reply To This Topic

Onan 7.5kw DKD Genset
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted Hide Post
Patch,
I have the same genset as your coach and did the belt last summer. After 'reflection' on the safety cage surrounding the belt/waterpump/alternator assy I decided to get the cage off as expeditiously as possibly (to include cutting, hacking and otherwise destroying) as the working conditions were tight. After I got the cage off I replaced the belt and scrapped the safety cage. It serves no purpose on my coach as the genset is located amidships between the front seats belowdecks. Little chance of anyone poking their fingers around it while running. I believe the safety cage was for applications on this genset where the entire unit would be exposed such as a marine application where someone in the engine room might accidentally lose an appendage if caught in the belt.
Mine works great without it. Coach lost a couple pounds.

1990 Regency 32 Center Aisle Spartan Chassis CTA8.3 Cummins 240HP 4 spd Allison 7.5 Diesel Genset Pac-brake Prosine 2000 Mickey's on the Rear Toyos front

Posts: 131 | Location: Brady, The Republic of Texas | Member Since: 01-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post