Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1998 Monarch
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/08
Picture of Cabinetguy
posted
Can anyone give me some information on my 29 foot Barth. I have never seen one like it and I am beginning to think it is a factory Frankenstein?

1998 29' widebody
454 Chevy chassis

Posts: 85 | Location: West Des Moines Iowa | Member Since: 10-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Looks absolutely beautiful to me.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
a very, very late Barth. reminds me of the Ford-powered Barth that was for sale in Battle Creek, MI

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I think you may have one of the FrankenBarths. Barth 29' gassers are rare; widebodies of that length (or widebody gassers, period) are oddities, and any gasser with the Monarch nosecap is unexpected. While Barth didn't provide much proof of a coach's lineage, yours could well be a Monarch, defying the usual expectation of a 34' or larger DP.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow, that one must have an interesting story behind it. Few Regals were made after 1990 or so and most had the Ford Oshkosh chassis due to the higher weight rating. Very few Regals were wide bodies.

I'm guessing that Barth had some leftover GM chassis they wanted to clear out before they closed their doors.

Another reason I wish we could get our hands on the Barth files that Lee Merriman has taken hostage since his falling out with the Barth Rangers. head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
remind me of this one
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...&s=7031072951&cdra=Y
for which we had two different threads

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
remind me of this one
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...&s=7031072951&cdra=Y
for which we had two different threads

Looks like this one from the same author, http://tinyurl.com/mchzdpl wonder why the questions.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
There she be.
Good job.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
the Barth files that Lee Merriman has taken hostage since his falling out with the Barth Rangers. head bang

Did he have a falling out with the Barth Rangers?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Whoa! I am sitting here with a 31 ft Regal gasser on a F53 chassis.....( note with 16 in rims )..am I'm an oddball!!
Well I have been called worse!!
After returning from a 4 1/2 month inaugural sojourn to S California /Arizona, I was quite pleased with the performance of the 460 Ford power plant. In need of a few tweaks, aka exhaust headers, but was quite happy with the overall power.

Neil

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post