Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    84 Regency MCC, 35 foot Alingment Specs
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

84 Regency MCC, 35 foot Alingment Specs
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
My brother dug out the service instructions for aligning his Regency. For those interested here they are:
Do not jack the coach to perform alignment!
There are five adjustments:
1. Prop shaft should be level. Adjust the torsion bars to level front to rear.
2. Then adjust the torsion bars to level the coach front to rear. Use the bumper ends to measure and adjust. Obviously these two are related.
3. Camber on front wheels with full load and proper inflation for the exact weight of the axles. Obviously you have to weigh the coach before aligning. Adjust to -1 degree +or- .5 degrees.
4. Castor +2.5 degrees
5. Toe in is the same for the front and rear: 1/16" in on each wheel with a total of 1/8" in for both wheels. For the rear wheels measure using a bar from the frame to the outside of the outer tandem wheel and adjust 1/16" in. First of course both rear wheels have to be the same distance from the frame. Adjust with the rear cam bolts located behind the wheels between the frame and the axles.
When he can scan this I will upload to the documents section.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
Was Barth still using the MCC chassis in 1993?
I suspect your brothers specs are not relavent
to the question

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His coach, not mine, is the '84. He asked me to see if we had specs when he was in the alignment shop and I could not find any so I got him to retrieve them from his books so we could post them for other MCC owners who might need them. It appears the newer alignment machines software only go back to about 1987 and without specs they can't align them. Further, at least in one shop he tried, the machines have no provision for manual data input and unless it is in the software they can't use their high dollar equipment to do an alignment. He ended up going to a shop with the older Bear machines that required the operator to actually know what they are doing. If I owned an MCC I would put these in my Barth Binder for reference in case I needed have an alignment done while traveling or wintering over.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
The MCC by barth were only built in 1981--82 after that they were Regencys....but with the same undercarriage.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Tom,

I was just checking on the alignment specs. you posted.
I would guess since those were for a 1984 Regency it should be correct for a 1985 Regency.

Did your brother ever scan them as I would like to have a copy of those service instructions.

Also what tire pressure does he use.

Thanks, Jim

1985 Barth Regency 35ft
DD (up graded to 225hp) Allison 4 speed

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As luck would have it he is in Houston recuperating from Rotator Cuff surgery and will be back in New York next week. I will get the copies of the pages in the manual sent to me and I will scan them and send them to you.
Tom

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Hope all goes well for your brother--speedy recovery!

Thanks for keeping me in mind for the scan.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom K:
As luck would have it he is in Houston recuperating from Rotator Cuff surgery and will be back in New York next week. I will get the copies of the pages in the manual sent to me and I will scan them and send them to you.
Tom

>>>> for future reference why not scan to a pdf and let everybody see and reference them on here??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I plan to scan the entire book and add it to Bill's CD collection!

posted Hide Post
The MCC is out of hibernation! I will be getting the pages on alignments next week. The Question is "Do we need the entire book scanned for the CD Collection?" If not I will scan just that section.
Anybody missing the Manuals? I don't know if it on the CD's or not.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom K:
"Do we need the entire book scanned for the CD Collection?" If not I will scan just that section.
Whatever you have the time to scan will be fine.

Brakes - front suspension - rear suspension - ???

I find it easier to scan things in sections. It makes it easier to get what you want without delving into everything. Smaller files & the task of scanning is broken up into manageable sections. Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, section by section it will be.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, section by section it will be.

Thanks Tom.... There are still some of s around who might find that info helpful....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom and Julie:
I plan to scan the entire book and add it to Bill's CD collection!

....was this ever accomplished??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

posted Hide Post
Confirmed that his Barth documents did not have any specs. However, there are a couple of generic specs that will work for 98% of vehicles - they are 1/8" toe in total with neither side exceeding 1/16" and -2 degrees camber. Castor for a basic truck should not exceed 5 degrees to the rear. Most truck alignment shops can easily look at the geometry of the axle/hubs and get you very close to a neutral and easy tracking alignment.