Barthmobile Portal
New PDF Documents

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3731087061/m/2601048061

12-21-2003, 02:34 AM
davebowers
New PDF Documents
Bill H. just supplied us with the diagram for updating our shock absorber mounts for after market (Bilstein) shocks. I have that for emailing in pdf form upon request. I thought this might be a good time to list all of the pdf's that if have. If you see something you would like just email me and it will be yours. If you do not have a Barth CD then for $25 you can have all of these plus 900 other Barth images and the acclaimed Barth movie which I understand is up for a Glib award.

22 Foot Regal Brochure
1969 Barth Ad Motorhome Magazine
1973 Barth Product Catalogue
1974 Barth Ad
1974 Barth Brochure
1980's Motorhome Magazine Ad
1982 35RD Regency MCC Chassis
1982 Barth Motorhome Ad
1988 Barth Regal Brochure
1991 Barth Regency Brochure, Thanx D. Smith
2003 Dinghy Towing Guide
All of the Ads
Anvil 400 Barth Roof Material
Barth 1984 Wiring
Barth documents and Brochures from the 1979's Misc.
Barth Frame US Patent 3,282,603
Barth Iveca 26
Barth MCC Article
Barth Mini 22 Ft. Class C
Barth Rangers Application
Barth Success Article
Barth XL Documents
Bill H's P-30 Alignment Specs
Entire 1974 Barth Product Line
Kwickee Step 880 Owner's Manual
Lee and Shirley Merriman FMCA Mag Article
Living the Dream (Story of Barth driven to tip of S. America
Morryde Suspension Manual
Neway Suspension Manual from Bill H.
NuTone Processor Manual
p-30 Hot Starter Problem
Regency 35RD Brochure
P-30 VIN decoder
Sales info on Roger Jankes 1970 Barth
Sales info on Dr. Fred Schekorra 1990 32ft Regency
Vapor Lock Tech Sheet
P-30 suspension upgrade for aftermarket shock absorbers.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers
06-23-2004, 02:26 AM
Mike Cou
Hello Dave, I have been reading this wonderful site for several months now, actually since I first saw a 1973 Baby Barth 21ft for sale here in Montreal. At that time I've start searching for Barth information on internet and found your site wich quickly convince me that buying that RV was a really good idea. I actually bought it last month and have been doing some work in it since then (revamp the interior (was use as a fishing camp for the last 5 years) including re-insulating the wall and roof, redoing wall and floating floor, etc). I will be very interested in your CD or any other documentation on 1973 21ft. Thanks in advance and please forgive any mistake or mispelling, not sure my english is as good as it should be...
06-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Cassie and Steve
Hello Dave,
We own the 1984 Barth Regal 28ft. My hubby and our mechanic is having fits over the wiring under the dash. We have a problem with the heater/air conditioner control and wiring. The heater will NOT shut off! My legs and feet are beet red red red after a trip! The previous owner cut several wires under the dash and overall the wiring is giving everyone fits. We have torn the manual we have apart and there is not a wiring schematic available for this. Our mechanic asked me if I could possible find one for him so he can get this fixed for us. Could you help us out? It would be greatly appreciated. We are cancelling our planned trips for a month so we can get our beloved Barth over to Terre Haute IN and help out my hubby's sister and family as they are flood victims and are homeless while they are trying to get their homes redone after this past weekends floods. We were there for their daughters wedding and it was terrible! (the fooding and damage, not the wedding!) Sorry, got off track here.
Thanks so much.
Cassie and Steve
06-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by Cassie and Steve:
We own the 1984 Barth Regal 28ft. My hubby and our mechanic is having fits over the wiring under the dash. We have a problem with the heater/air conditioner control and wiring. The heater will NOT shut off!
Read this post and contact the numbers listed. The people at ACME air were very helpful.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message
06-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Cassie and Steve
Bill, Thank you very very much! I printed this out and am on my way to our mechanic so he can contact these people and see if we can get what he needs. Again, thank you sooooooo much! This site is always soooo helpful!
Cassie
06-11-2008, 10:03 AM
olroy
If your legs & feet are beet red from too much heat, you have more than a wiring problem, you have a problem with the valve that controls the flow of hot water through the heater. This is a common problem, & repairing it is not rocket science. If your mechanic hasn't identified & addressed this problem, you need to find another mechanic.

If your hot water valve is working, you should be able to shut the heat off, whether or not you can turn off the blower, & receive nothing through the system but room temperature, or outside temperature air. Furthermore, if your air conditioner is working, it usually will tame down the heat, even if you can't shut off the hot water.
06-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Cassie and Steve
Hello O'Roy,,
Thanks for your input also. I am going to MAKE hubby read these when he gets home from work tonight. To be truthful, we don't think our regular mechanic really wants to work on our Barth. We only take it there when hubby is trying to figure things out and gets 'stuck' and 'frustrated'. Not having info in the manual has been frustrating for hubby also. We will see about getting some wiring and other schematics that is needed so it will help to figure this stuff out. As far as me,,,,I is ALWAYS lost on this stuff! haa haa
Thanks again guys.
Cassie
06-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Bywaters
The hot water valve is viewable from behind the grill, I put a shut off valve in line with mine to reduce the water flow, but there was still warm air....but it was 95 degrees outside.
The duct controls is similar to most other vacuum controlled heaters, a knowlegable "mechanic" should be able to figure it out. If you would like photos to go by let me know.

There also may be a rear heater that uses engine heat, this one did not have a shut off valve on my coach, but I removed it. My heater was located under the bed in back.

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!
06-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Cassie and Steve
We have a 1985 Barth and are having trouble getting the heat and air control wired up to work. We bought it used and it had a defective Dodge heat and aircondition control in it. I replaced it with another dodge control but my mechanic can,t figure out the schematics. Did Barth always have Dodge heat & air controls?? We are all confused. It doesn't make sense to me having a dodge product in a chevy product. Mechanic said it would be nice to have a schematic from the control switch back to the chevy wiring if this is the way that Barth did this. Confused in Ohio
Steve& Cassie
06-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Cassie and Steve
Hi Dave,I would be interested in the pdf file on the 1984 Barth wiring if you can.
Steve hover@bright.net
Thanks
07-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Kris & Tina Jones
Hey Cassie and Steve...The reason you have a Chrysler heater A.c. controll unit is because Acme manufactures the heater and a.c. (same on my unit and it also went bad) This function was not included on the P-30 Chevy chassis that Barth purchased, and Acme was the outside company that provided the dash a.c. and heat. Bill NY. left the number for them a few notes up.
07-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Rusty
quote:
Originally posted by Cassie and Steve:
We have a problem with the heater/air conditioner control and wiring. The heater will NOT shut off! My legs and feet are beet red red red after a trip! The previous owner cut several wires under the dash and overall the wiring is giving everyone fits.Cassie and Steve

The wiring should be fairly simple - two wires, usually at the bottom of the HVAC control go to the compressor. The other wires come off the blower switch to the blower - resistors in the blower chamber control the fan speed.

If you're getting "hot" all the time, either the heater valve is stuck open, but more likely, you have the same problem I had. The issue was that the sheath around the cable to the heater valve had detached at the control lever, so when it pushed (heat off), the whole ensemble moved. I secured the sheath back into its socket with heavy-duty super glue and a fine wire wrap, and now it works fine.

Make sure to disconnect the heater valve beforehand and make sure it operates freely.

See my last post in this thread - the J-B weld didn't hold, so I went with the instant glue.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
12-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Quinn
I'm getting new shocks on my 89 28' Regal. It's a P30. I've seen that the mounts must be reinforced for new shocks on "older" P30's. Does 89 count as older? If so, does anyone have the document mentioned at the top of this topic?

Quinn

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B
12-16-2014, 02:05 AM
bill h
The paper says "pre`89", but GM did not do things with Swiss accuracy, so take a look. I think this is on the Barth CD. It is a good thing to buy, and would support the site.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
02-22-2018, 04:36 PM
Shawn Kaminski
Hi Dave,
Would you be able to send me the Mini Barth 22ft C class PDF info? That would be great!
Thanks
Shawn
(New '74 C Class owner)