Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1978 28' Barth dimensions
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I just bought this and am in need of the dimensions (wheelbase and over all height) so that I can set up transport. Much thanks to anyone who can help.

Posts: 4 | Location: Columbia S.C | Member Since: 07-03-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Does yours have a "Bustle" at the rear, if so I may be able to help you as I think mine is the same size.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it does. Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Location: Columbia S.C | Member Since: 07-03-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
jlansing--finally got around to measuring my Barth. Mine is a 1975 w/454 chevy.
length is 26' from bumper to bumper
width is 8' at widest point outside
what other measurements do you need?

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
It appears they need the wheelbase and overall height measurements. The wheelbase, if I'm correct, is measured from the rear axle to front hub or basically from the center of the front wheel to the center of the rear wheel.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
To be sure we are comparing apples to apples, we need to establish what is what.

Barths lengths vary, but the tag number is usually shorter than bumper to bumper. Some say that Barths are usually measured skin to skin. That is, without bumper or their aprons included. However, my 30 tag is 30 ft, 3 inches bumper to bumper. My Barth label inside near the driver has a Barth number that includes "30t", meaning 30 ft with a tag axle.

If we refer to our Barths by that number for length, we can be accurate in providing information for comparison purposes. If the interior tag is not available, a skin to skin measurement should be pretty accurate.

The rest of the industry lists their coaches by bumper to bumper length, and even cheat on that. So do many sellers of used motor homes, unfortunately. We have seen ads that were way off on length.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I reread the message from jlansing and will measure the wheelbase and height when I get home tonight. Sorry for the mistake.

Mary