Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    How Long is Your Barth?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

How Long is Your Barth?
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
Mine is called a 30TS on the data tag. I am presuming that means 30 feet long with a tag axle.

I just measured it, and it is 30 feet, 3 inches bumper to bumper, by straightedge. As soon as I can find my plumb Robert, I will provide a more exact figure if necessary. However, my front bumper is 5 inches forward of the skin, and the rear is 9.5 inches behind the skin. Subtracting the sum or those from the bumper to bumper gives me a coach that is just a tad over 29 ft. But my tag is most definitely marked 30TS.

Many here have said that Barths were measured before the bumpers were installed. I have no idea how mine was measured.

And yours?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I bought the Euro as a 27 foot, and that is what it is until we add the bumpers, which makes it nearly exactly 28.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I thought How Long was a Chinese tailor... Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I thought How Long was a Chinese tailor... Big Grin

I'm petty sure that's Number Five, and with four, you get egg roll.

Back in the piston days, we were running a DC 6 for troubleshooting. We had a stupidvisor who was. He was usually relegated to the task of gofer. He climbed into the cockpit and told us Mr Highup wanted to know if we had found the problem. My partner replied, yes, a shorted secondary on the rear of number 7. Off he went to report.

When he reported, some wag asked him, "How short?" Out he went, and asked in the cockpit. The guy working the panel showed him on the analyzer, and told the stupidvisor to hold his hand up to the screen and measure it with his fingers, and keep them at that spacing to show Mr Higherup. Well, he did, and off he went into the office to show them exactly how short the short was. I heard several versions of what followed, and they were all good.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I bought the Euro as a 27 foot, and that is what it is until we add the bumpers, which makes it nearly exactly 28.

Danny, does your build tag number have a 27 or 28 in it?

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Danny, does your build tag number have a ...
Danny has said in the past that he does not have a Data Tag. He keeps giving us his VIN number. I wonder how many Euro's we have here and if anyone else can confirm the lack of a build tag on that model.

I think that he is just overlooking it but knowing his background I find that a little hard to believe... Maybe it fell off???

I would still like to hear from another Euro owner if he has a tag.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Back out to the Euro yet again, to clarify. The gold colored plate above the drivers side window.
First line; Mfg by Barth Inc. S2755-28FB3
Date of Mfg.2/11/81
Inc mfg by Cheverolet Motors
Date 10/80
Then GVW and tire pressures etc.
Now is this the build plate or something else?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
To Danny Z

Sounds like the tag, but an older version of the tag used on later coaches. Most of that info is the same as we are looking for, but in a different format. I'm making lots of assumptions here and you know what that does but a unit number of 2755 in Feb, 81 makes sense, the lowest number I have on the new tag type is 3087 in May, 84.
Now the other numbers? S, we need more examples to compare. 28 the length of your coach. FB3 probably floor plan but again would like more examples.

Thanks,
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Back out to the Euro yet again, to clarify. The gold colored plate above the drivers side window.
First line; Mfg by Barth Inc. S2755-28FB3

Now is this the build plate or something else?
That looks like the "Build tag". In the past, I thought, you gave us your VIN number instead. Maybe I have you confused with someone else. Thanks for getting the other number. Another one to add to our list Nick! Cool

Edit: Found it and I thought I was loosing it Roll Eyes

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Bill, I might have thrown the VIN out there somewhere but it's one long sumgun that has nothing to do with ID'ing the coach. I wonder if the FB has anything to do with Fiberglass, as in body or bonnet? Maybe mine's the 3rd one made! BTW, check out the 25 in sightings.

79 Barth Classic