Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Police
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Original posting deletedFrowner

People don't like what I find on the web....

So no more ---only sightings!!

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Looks like someone is hijacking our site. Go get 'em Kevin!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
If someone has time to reply to the above site here is the LINK!

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
People don't like what I find on the web....

OK!! Cooler heads have prevailed
and encouraged me to continue...

The things that I seem to find about Barth are
in the public domain and if I repost anything
that you dislike please let me knowSmiler

ps everything I post here is "Barth" related in someway....

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Absolutely Doug: We just want to make sure all are on the same page! THANKS for all your searches, as I said before, some of your finds have helped me and helped others.

We will stay in touch!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Doug I agree wit ED, I really look at every post you put here, it is great you take the time and interest to keep us informed on what is happening in the world of Barth, keep up the good work!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2050 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug; the issue is not you or Barthmobile. It is a non member cherry picking our information then adding it to his/her site to get money from advertisers for driving traffic. They have no interest in Barth, just the eyes that visit our site. I am not savvy enough to know how to prevent exploitation of our site but hopefully we don't get linked to unsavory sites and criminals.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
non member cherry picking our information

I am guilty in that aspect also...

because I often go to different sites
and "cherry pick" from those sites
and post here things
that are mostly informative/useful
to our members...followers!!

No man is an island...we have different trails to followSmiler

ps--the deleted site was filled with pics of older Barths
which someone had lovingly assembled and posted.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom and Julie:
Doug; the issue is not you or Barthmobile. It is a non member cherry picking our information then adding it to his/her site to get money from advertisers for driving traffic. They have no interest in Barth, just the eyes that visit our site. I am not savvy enough to know how to prevent exploitation of our site but hopefully we don't get linked to unsavory sites and criminals.
Salute Than you for your clarification Tom! Salute I think the photos were probably taken from here where we store 104 pages of Barth and related photos.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What good people are doing when they pick images and information from another site is similar to copying an original work from an author. The copyright laws are meant to protect the authors of original work - think text, images and music. The recommended method is to ask permission when you find an item of interest and then give credit to the originator when it is republished on our site. Though rarely done on the 'net it professionalizes our site and would, I think, encourage outsiders to seek our publication of their work.

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Quote> I think the photos were probably taken from here where we store 104 pages of Barth and related photos

I just did a random check of "here" and did not find any of the other websites photos!!
So probably that person was able to search the web on his own and assemble them on his own site without using the Barth site.

quote> The copyright laws are meant to protect the authors of original work - think text, images and music.

I would say that the images which are used comes under the title of 'fair use'... ie: from sites that are in public domain and/or are FOR non-commercial use on the web...
A published work...like in a book or other 'work' should have a copyright notice...

A few of the questions under analysis during an infringement investigation that determine rights to an image generally include:

How is it being used?
Some works may be licensed for non-commercial use, or may have certain terms of use for non-profits and other areas. Read these agreements to prevent malpractice of using the image.
Is it transformative?
Does it add a different purpose or value to the sourced work?
In order to avoid infringement of a copyright, one must substantially alter or re-purpose the original work.
If you can prove that you have utilized the image to add value in a different manner, the use may be protected by considering it an “enrichment of society”.
What is the “nature” of the copyrighted piece?
This analysis relates to the type of source that has been replicated (this refers more to textual copyrights such as in novels or biographies)
How much or what portion of the copyrighted work is being used?
In the instance that an image has been altered adequately, one may be protected under a “de minimis” defense. This implies that the amount of the source that has been copied is small enough to be justified by court.
What type of influence does the copyrighted work have on the audience or market?
If your use of the image solicits a negative attitude towards the owner of the piece or diminishes their income, you may be sued.
This generally applies when attempting to penetrate the same market as the original owner.

see > https://www.drumbeatmarketing....ll-image-copyrighted

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
also see here:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...433966297#1433966297

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!