Search
Notify
Tools
Data Tag
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted
The 30' Barth I'm looking at is a '91 and we think it's a Breakaway. It has a front entry. Problem is that while the machine is in Michigan,the paperwork is in Florida. I wonder whether someone can tell me where the data tag (or make, model, serial # tag or ???) is. I'll have the papers as soon as the widow of the owner gets back to Florida but that could be a month or so.

(This experience could take us awhile. The owner's son is the one I contact to go look at it from time-to-time, but he is hard to catch and doesn't return phone calls right away.)

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lou:
I wonder whether someone can tell me where the data tag (or make, model, serial # tag or ???) is.
The "Barth Tag Id Number" is usually located a foot or two above the floor behind the drivers seat. My build tag was on the wall behind the drivers seat before I took the wall down. Some are inside an overhead cabinet, some are over the drivers side window, and some Breakaways have the tag inside an engine door.

We have discussed this very recently. try reading this to help you decode it.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lou:
The 30' Barth I'm looking at is a '91 and we think it's a Breakaway.

If it has a Spartan chassis, rear radiator, and a Cummins 5.9 engine, it probably is a Breakaway. The factory brochures I have seen do not show a 30 Regency.

A picture or five would help members ID it. Have you compared it to a lot of BK pictures on the Barth CD?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
On my Breakaway the tag is located behind the driver's seat and just under the cabinet, near the window.

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
All responses are appreciated. I'll get with Bill H. and get a CD coming. Will also take a few pix shortly and post.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill, I enjoy a challange and was wondering about trying to decode the data tags. I was wondering if I could get as many members as possible to send me all the information we could gather and try to build a data base that we might could draw some conclusions. I think we would need the following:
1. data tag number
2. data tag date
3. year model
4. model, ie Regency, Breakaway, etc
5. Chassis mfg.
6. Engine mfg.
7. length.
8. tag axle or not
9. floor plan ie twin beds, center aisle, etc
Anything else you can think of and what do you think of the project?

The Data tag on the Regency we just bought 9207-0160-32RG-2C

Thanks,
Nick
I received this email and decided to reprint it here. Who knows what additional info might be gleamed from this idea?

I like the concept. I just think it needs to be done in the open. I think if members will not respond to an open invitation, like this one, maybe they will respond to a private request. I doubt anyone will be more open in a PM exchange, but I could be wrong. (tail chasing comment)

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Bill, I would like to take on the project. We can build the data base without showing owners or members names.
I will be glad to furnish you and any other member the complete data gathered at anytime. Info could be posted at a special heading at one of the forums, emailed to me at gncagle@bellsouth.net or mailed to:
Nick Cagle
1793 Appling Harlem Rd
Appling, GA 30802

I promise there is no evil intent, would just like to learn all I can.

Nick Cagle

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Bill, I would like to take on the project. We can build the data base without showing owners or members names.
I will be glad to furnish you and any other member the complete data gathered at anytime. Info could be posted at a special heading at one of the forums, emailed to me at gncagle@bellsouth.net or mailed to:
Nick Cagle
1793 Appling Harlem Rd
Appling, GA 30802

I promise there is no evil intent, would just like to learn all I can.

Nick Cagle
Well Nick, I applaud your effort and will give it my full support.

But I have to ask, why haven't you posted your tag info too? Not trying to be a wise guy. I am trying to find out why this keeps falling flat in the response department.

Here is what we have now. Please contribute any additional tag info to this topic. Barth Data Tag Info If it needs to be private I can move this to a secret forum that can only be accessed by a few souls. Wink

Good luck.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Bill, my tag info is in the email i sent you and the copy you posted. I just went and got it today, the coach is in the paint shop, after reading the post on this subject.
Nick

The number that seems to be the most confusing is the 4 digit second set of numbers. That is why I was wondering if it is some type of code for chassis, engine, or something of that nature and only part of the digits maybe the last three are a sequencial number

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Bill my build number is 8905-0121-36RDG-C1 if it helps any The Incomplete Vehicle Data Sheet from Gillig shows a build date of 3-15 1989 so I assume the 8905 was the chassis finish date or I guess delivery date to Barth. 5/8/89 is the date on the serial number sheet that came with the Coach. Good Luck Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Report This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I have listed the the data info for the 11 numbers that are on the forum. The first thing I notice is that the first digit of the second set so far is 3 or 0, the the three coaches that start with zero are all Regency's. Sample is too small to make a determination but it's a start. I also can't tell if the number format is always the same. My number and most others 9999-9999-99xx-9x
This doesn't seem to be absolute, are there always 4 sets of numbers,some numbers have more than 4 digits in the third set, some have no fourth set or the fourth set is not consistent ie 9x or x9.

Bill N.Y., can we add an excel spreadsheet to a post
Nick

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I now have four numbers for Regency coaches
8905 0121 36RDG C1
8910 0135 32RDG B1
9005 0140 34RDS C3
9207 0160 32RG 2C

The three with G in the 3rd set are all Gillig, the one with S is Spartan. Have not found anything in common for the D. Two of them have CATS the other Cummins

Second set seems to be 0 for Regency and 3 digits for the sequential number of Regencys build. The number gets bigger each time.

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Here is my info for the "project"
1993 Regency 32ft wide body with Cat 3208T (Turbo), 300 HP, Allison MTB 644 Four Speed transmission, 208" wheel base, Front Entry Door. Gillig Chassis MHA 3208T. The Chassis Manual refers to three option overhangs, (105.5, 119.25, and 122.75 inches.) Based on my coach that has the 122.75 inch overhang I suspect the 3C means the overhang. This number and letter do not appear on the chassis manual blueprints so I suspect it was added by Barth when the coach was built.

9210-0164-32RG-3C
Date of Retail Sale 10/20/92

Hawk-57, otherwise known as Tom Knickerbocker, Houston Texas

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Correction - The Allison Transmission is the MT 647 not the MTB 644. ALL Turbo 3208's came with the MT-647 because, according to the manual - to handle the higher torque of the turbo engine at 300 HP.
Hawk-57

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
To all, please move your tag information to the other thread.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/5551070472

We have a pretty good list going at that other link. I screwed up when I first posted your email and I am trying to get this info in one place. I'm the one that accidently placed it over here. I'm going to close this topic and please ask you to repost your info to the other thread. My bad Red Face

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis