Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    Blue Prints For your Barth
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Blue Prints For your Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
After having read your post JM I decided to post this new topic. It won't be as interesting as our Data Tag Project. I hope it opens some new interesting information about every Barth ever built. Here is what sparked my thought.
quote:
Originally posted by JMcD:
Hi All. I have been silently stalking this site for a few years now. I was an engineer/draftsman at Barth from 1988-1994. I did most of the drawings and worked on the design for the Barth Breakaway. I was in my early 20s when I worked for Barth. When the first few 28' Breakaway units were built, I took one to Cedar Point for a weekend, since then I have had a soft spot in my heart for the Breakaway unit. (if you have drawings for your Barth unit, on the "Drawn By" line if it has the initials "JM" that's me)

Now I have a wife and two kids, and I am finally in a point in my life when I can start thinking about getting an RV. Realistically I should get a fifth wheel, better design and size for a family of four, but like I said, I have a soft spot for the Breakaway. So my question is if anyone knows of any Breakaway units for sale, not on this site? I did not see any currently for sale on this site.

Thank you!
JM

Are these your initials?

Your initials on one of my blueprints?? Take look and let us know if your initials are the ones in the picture. Were you the person that crossed out the 4 and changed it to 5? Do you know why that was changed from 4 to 5?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Kevin my blueprint has the same JM sign drawn may of 89.

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray, can you please post a picture of your blueprint. I would like to look into the prints more as we have come to learn from the Data Tag Project.

Notice the BRV-88-959L. Do you think that Drawing Number could be Barth Recreational Vehicle 88 Chassis? What does your blue print say Ray?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMcD
posted Hide Post
Hi Kevin.
Yes those are my initials. That would have been one of the first drawings that I did. That is not my handwriting on the change from 4 to 5. It looks like it was written directly onto the blueprint, not on the original. I'm not sure why they would have changed it. My guess would be they used the same drawings for a different coach with the same floorplan?? Sorry I'm not more help on this. I would be interested to see a picture of the whole drawing.

Posts: 15 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 02-21-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMcD
posted Hide Post
I think you're right on the BRV being "Barth Recreational Vehicle" and the 88 is the year. I don't remember how they got the last numbers or the L.

Posts: 15 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 02-21-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you remember my Barth as being "The Show Coach?" It was built as a model, to show at Recreational Vehicle shows. It was used to sell other Barth Motor Homes. Can you remember anything else? When I can, I will get more pictures up in 2017, of my prints. Hopefully it will spark your memory.
Anyone else with original prints, lets compare here.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
I had all of our prints digitized. I will look for the CD and try to upload the files, where would I upload to?

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.