Forums    Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics    Electrical Schematics for 1985 Regency 35 RD-B
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Electrical Schematics for 1985 Regency 35 RD-B
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Im new and have just bought a Barth. I have a set of schematics that I can't read very well and there seems to be a sheet missing. Does anyone have or know where to get a copy?

Posts: 4 | Location: Harrisburg Illinois | Member Since: 11-18-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums!

Barth was inconsistent in furnishing schematics; are you looking for 120VAC or 12VDC?

While no two Barths are the same, there seems to be some consistency among the early Regencies (on MCC chasses), and someone may have what you need.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly 12. But 120 as well. I am an electrician and I work trouble shooting electrical devices. Not real pleased with my schematics. I guess there is no way to get a good set.

Posts: 4 | Location: Harrisburg Illinois | Member Since: 11-18-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Jerry. You're lucky you got ANY schematics. If you have specific concerns, chances are someone here has the experience to help you.
Which Barth did you get, one that was advertised recently?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No actually my neighbor had this one forever. 85 Regency RD-B. After looking here I got a good deal on it. Again I'm new here. I am pleased with the quality of the our Barth. I just wish for all the trouble they took to make the machine they would have done the paperwork. Tons of fluff manuals. I'm sorry not ranting just a little frustrated. I'm in service industry and not use to not making repairs and going on to the next problem.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It seems no two Barths are quite alike. Between customer requests and factory changes, there are more differences than similarities between some coaches. head bang

I think this one reason why Barth never went into factory manuals very much. Nothing was "standard."

Be glad for what manuals you have! My coach had almost no documents when I got it.

Perhaps one advantage of the GM chassis is the generic engine, trans, parts, etc. I was able to find manuals, schematics and parts easily.

Down side: The schematics deal only with the GM chassis wiring, which was minimal in size and quality. Much of that, ie headlight wiring, starting cables, alternator wires, tail light/trailer harness I have replaced with larger gauge.

Up side: The Barth coach wiring appears to be of high quality and adequate size, but I still need to figure out which circuits go where and do what. When I do I will label the wires, then create a schematic drawing. Between the GM schematics, my documented changes and a little more research I will be done soon.

Appliance documents I have also found on web. I still have no factory documents whatsoever for my coach.

Good luck with your coach. Please be sure to share what you discover, you never know there might be a twin out there! cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
I also did not really appreciate the "schematics" and such that came with my Regency. I was a ground support electrical designer engineer for the Space Shuttle for over 25 years but had a hard time reading these drawings. That said, I have come to understand them a great deal more since I have spent so many hundreds of hours tracing wires and working on my coach.

I suppose you are talking about the diagrams that are hand drawn on prints of your floor plan. There is valuable information, especially the 12VDC ones. Color coding is shown on them but it just takes time to figure out exactly what they are telling you.

I also have some schematics that were provided by the chassis builder, Spartan. Since buying the coach I have contacted Spartan and have received additional diagrams and schematics from them. These drawings show the configuration of the chassis when shipped to Barth. Barth modified the wiring somewhat and never provided any information on those modifications. That is why I have spent so many hours to trace the wiring. I now have four sheets of schematics depicting my Regency that are approximately 95 percent complete.

If you would like copies of what I have I could provide electronic copies of them but keep in mind that it they are very specific to my coach. They could be a good starting point for starting your own.

Let me know if you would like copies.

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
i have the GM chassis but I'm sure the other Regency owners would love to see any information you can provide. As I said, there will be at least some overlap for other coaches. The more variation we can document, the less we have to reinvent the wheel each time.

Good luck! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Jerry

I have some drawings and schematics from our 82- 35' Regency. I have hard copies that I could send you.

Send me an address and I will get them out to you.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post