Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    differential/axle? What make..
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

differential/axle? What make..
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
I have been told that my differential/axle is either a Rockwell or a Dana 90? Any educated guesses,, as my coach and gillig manual, are 1800 miles away.. Can we say, "...because I have this type of chassis (Gillig), I probably have this type/brand of differential/axle..." And if it is a Rockwell, what model would it most likely be..?
Any of you Regency folks around 1990-1993 have any insight? Any pic's available for on some specific part or info plate that on either brand would make it apparent ?

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Call Gillig with your vin and they can tell you exactly what was installed.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
There should tags somewhere on the housing with information about it

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Thanks T/J and Wrench, I have a call into them.. Also going to ask them
(from Gillig's POV/ Point of View) what bus chassis is under there also.. If they put that chassis under a bus, which one..Phantom Transit Coach, etc..might be helpful in searching for additional info and manuals. I do have their pricey chassis manual they sent me..but, of course its in Texas..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Gillig advises I have a Spicer/Dana J175 however, in the build sheet, it says F175 with a 4.10 ratio..
The brochure shows J175, it does not show F175..?

here's the brochure I located on line, also put in the "Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics" section..
Spicer Single Speed Drive Axles

if interested, Gillig also sent me the build sheet for my chassis. .. It's in that thread also for reference..
Gillig Chassis build sheet...

M/C-W