Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Windshield Seals
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Windshield Seals
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We have a 1976 Barth Classic 24 foot and it has had serious water leakage at some point in its life. The windshield (2 piece) has glass from Pilkington on the drivers side and Guardian glass on the passenger side. Has anyone had any luck sourcing new seals for windshields of this vintage?

Posts: 5 | Location: Vancouver Island Canada | Member Since: 09-21-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that the lack of response indicates that no one knows the answer. I did a Search on 'windshield' and found this series of posts: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...053916597#2053916597
which may be entertaining if not informative. Maybe posting a photo of your windscreen might prompt some replies? (there has been a problem with PhotoBucket so I'd just try a direct upload - but make sure you resize your photo to something quite small first)

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/19
posted Hide Post
I have a '77 24 footer.
It has been a few years but I got one they made custom with the divider vulcanized in.
Sorry I don't remember who I ordered it from. Maybe Coachglass in Elkhart , In. They may have had Steele rubber Co. make it. It was $450 yikes

Posts: 17 | Location: Rockford, Il | Member Since: 05-22-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flathead
posted Hide Post
I replaced mine (73' small windshield) with seals from McMaster Carr. I had to cut them to fit and sealed the joint with a 3M windshield adhesive. They were a bit smaller in cross section and took a bit of manipulating, but I was able to get them in place and have no leaks, knock on wood.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...153916597#3153916597

Posts: 45 | Location: tennessee | Member Since: 09-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boonkagon
posted Hide Post
Flathead, thanks! This is in my 73’s future. You saved me a lot of research!

Posts: 38 | Location: Berrien Springs, Michigan  | Member Since: 09-18-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flathead
posted Hide Post
Invest in a couple of hand-held suction cups. I believe the ones we have here at the shop came from Harbor Freight. They're about 3" diameter with a lever to apply the suction and release.

Posts: 45 | Location: tennessee | Member Since: 09-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good ideas. You did a nice job on your window. Gives the other small windshield owners a choice.

Still smile every time I see your logo. How is Noah (I think?) doing? ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post