Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Spring Maintenance
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Spring Maintenance
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/21
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Duane88:
New shocks show up tomorrow, so I am Fixing to get them installed.

Y'all inspired me! I'm fixing to take a nap! LOL

Posts: 49 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 08-06-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ok, I am fixing to get the fixings to fix dinner!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2059 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I am fixing to take a test ride. Got the new coil over shocks installed. Could not find a spring compressor that would fit between the spring coils, but I was able to jack the chassis up till the wheels almost left the ground and with a little finesse, was able to get them in while extended.

They only seem to lift the coach about !/2 to 3/4 inch in the front, hope they give me a bit of stabilization. Going to rain the couple of days so may just wait a day or two for that test ride..

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2059 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jumanjii1
posted Hide Post
Just replaced my shocks, after 34 years there's no way they're any good. Front: ACDELCO 530203, Rear: ACDELCO 530151, Tag Axle: Monroe 555003.

Posts: 62 | Location: Sandston, VA | Member Since: 07-16-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I think, I stated in another post that the coil over shocks on the front really improved the ride and stability, Highly recommend them if unless you have the weak upper shock mount and can not up grade it.

P30 chassis
350 engine