Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Kitchen Faucet
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Kitchen Faucet
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
The kitchen faucet on our 85 Regal needs a new cartridge(I think). I have instructions about how to remove it and install the cartridge but don't know the manufacturer not the part number. Are these faucets special to RVs? Anybody replace theirs and knows the part number for the cartridge? Maybe we don't need a cartridge. The problem is that it's very hard to raise the single lever handle to make the water come on. In fact if you use the handle, you're in danger of breaking it off. You have to grab the body and pull it up. Once on, the faucet works fine, no drips or leaks, no problem going from hot to cold.
Thanks
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I would go to Lowes and get an entire new faucet. Odds are it will fail elsewhere from age, corrosion and lack of use. I have found that good faucets are so inexpensive now that it just doesn't make sense fixing old ones.

Be sure to see what the fittings are under the sink first. Hopefully something conventional.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
I would go to Lowes and get an entire new faucet. Odds are it will fail elsewhere from age, corrosion and lack of use. I have found that good faucets are so inexpensive now that it just doesn't make sense fixing old ones.
100% in agreement. There is no way I would by any RV Specific plumbing item if I can help it. There are so many different designs to choose from at Lowes/Home Depot that you're bound to find something better there anyway.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, just did that in the bus, both kitchen and bathroom faucets from Lowes. Mama is happy now. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
All I can find ours is a "New Valley single control" faucet, no model, made by USBRASS Plano TX. But if anyone could help us with that water filter unit (that's what I thought was the cartridge Jim was looking for). It is a Clearbrook heavy duty unit model IL1500 with no filter to replace. It lasts 5000 gal / 5 years. I would like to replace it. It "cleans" your water.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
While Jim was emailing you guys about this I went & spent $21 bucks on a new cartridge. Works like a charm. Thanks for your suggestions.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Our kitchen, bath , and shower valves are all backward. Hot right, cold left. Is this normal for RV's or did somebody screw up?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
1st: run the hot water in the bathroom sink.
2nd: flush the throne several times.

Now, tell me if the water is hot in the toilet. hmm

Sounds like they could have screwed up on which line is the hot water feed. Eeker

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had that happen in a brand new cottage that we rented when we first moved to Maui in 1988. I asked the owner how come the toilet had hot water? I thought maybe it was a tropical thing. ROTFLMAO

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Plumbing your toilet with hot water is a way to stop it from sweating in a humid climate. I had a problem in my NH house because the artesian well water is so cold. I plumbed the downstairs toilet with hot as it was the worst being closest to the well source.

This wouldn't necessarily help at all in a RV as there is no storage tank to hold the water.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I can find ours is a "New Valley single control" faucet, no model, made by USBRASS Plano TX

Doris & Marvin -- the faucet in your new Barth came from Home Depot a few years ago to replace the original faucet that had started leaking. As far as the filter is concerned, I never tried to find a replacement. Have your tried looking on the Internet?

Bill B

Bill Beard
Barth Owner Emeritus (three times)
1978 24' 454 Chevy
1988 Regal 28' 454 Chevy
1989 Regal 25' 454 Chevy

Posts: 25 | Location: Evansville, IN | Member Since: 11-15-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Our kitchen, bath , and shower valves are all backward. Hot right, cold left. Is this normal for RV's or did somebody screw up?

It is pretty common where the work force is ESL.

They view the C as standing for caliente or calor. The H just gets a shrug and is installed on the other side.

But, payday is still Friday. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Do you have an accumulator tank in the water system? Sometimes the HW tank will back to the system prior to the pump cycling. Easiest answer is put a check valve on the cold inlet to the heater. Caution, this will not repair reverse plumbing.
Single handle cartridge faucets (most if not all) can have the cartridge reversed giving reversed choice.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post