Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    External Door Latch Assembly
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

External Door Latch Assembly
 Login now/Join our community

<Wonder Barth>
posted
We have a 1977 Barth... does anyone know where we might get a replacement for the external door latch/handle assembly??? Any help will really be appreciated!

------------------
Charlie & Diedre

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi:
I also have a '77 with a broken door latch. My problem occurred because of a sticking (swelling) door. If the door was on the sun side, it would swell and require a hefty "yank" to open. This has resulted in two broken latches. I filed down the lip of the door and it's much better, but I'm still looking for a door latch assembley. If you've found a supplier please let me know.
Thanks
Tony

Posts: 1 | Location: Marietta, Ga | Member Since: 09-02-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Lee Merriman>
posted
you can find that latch at any good r v parts store

------------------
Lee Merriman

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on what is broken, they are easily repairable. If you take it apart, you will see that there is not much to them. I have repaired them on two different coaches for much less than the cost of replacement. Otherwise, follow Lee's advice.
Steve

Posts: 23 | Location: clinton, MI, lenawee | Member Since: 01-02-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post