Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Running Lights
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Running Lights
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We have 93 Barth Breakaway. Although all the other lights on the rig are working fine, suddenly the running lights will not come on. We can not locate a fuse that is marked for running lights or marker lights. Has anyone else run into this problem?

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough

Posts: 35 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Member Since: 02-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HI NOT SURE HOW YOUR COACH IS SET UP BUT RUNNING LIGHTS MAYBE CONNECTED OFF THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH(WHICH WOULD REQUIRE A NEW ONE TO REPAIR)RUNNING LIGHTS MOST OFTEN USE A FUSE WHILE THE HEADLIGHT PART OF SWITCH WILL RUN OFF A RELAY.HOPE THIS HELPS

------------------

Posts: 22 | Location: LINCOLN PARK, MICHIGAN USA | Member Since: 03-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply, but do you have any idea where the fuse might be located? Everything else related to lights is in a small bay on the left front of the coach. This is on a Spartan chassis by the way.

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

Posts: 35 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Member Since: 02-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Hi, I had the same problem (no clearance lights) on my 1990 Regengy. It was caused by a faulty clearance light switch. I call it the winker switch, the one you flash after you've passed that slow truck and he has signaled you that you're clear. On my Barth that switch is a normally closed momentary off rocker switch manufactured by Oslo Switch. Part Number RSP6A-9M9. Their phone no. is (203)272-2794, web www.osloswitch.com. Although they cannot sell you the switch as they are mfg only they can give you the dealer nearest to you. I have replaced several of these switches and added new circuits and they are a perfect match. Good Luck....Don

Posts: 7 | Location: Pollock Pines, Ca USA | Member Since: 08-27-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don,

How did you locate the problem in the switch?

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Jim & Anne...

As I remember, used a jumper wire to bypass the switch.

PS I may have met you in Brenda, AZ

Posts: 7 | Location: Pollock Pines, Ca USA | Member Since: 08-27-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don,

Tell Heidi we said "Hi!" We are heading back out to Brenda, AZ for Thanksgiving.

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

<Lee Merriman>
posted
you have a solenoid napa st85 located on the wall of your coach batterys compartment if that is not working your coach batterys will not and your lights will not work

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I have an electrical diagram for my 1991 Breakaway. I put it in pdf format. There are 2 files that contain the actual diagram, and several other files that contain descriptions of each circuit. It is quite handy. Let me know if you are interested in these files and I will send them to you.

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, we are very interested in the diagrams. Thank you very much. Could you send them to doroughal@compuserve.com?

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
was wondering if u got lights fixed, im having the same problem

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt Bob:
was wondering if u got lights fixed, im having the same problem
I doubt you'll get an answer from them. The last time they visited was 12-07-2006

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
I think most of the problems that I have in my coach are old and loose connectors they are twenty years old. On our rig the running lites are on the gm lite switch now, not where they are supposed be.There is a switch on the dash that they should be hooked to.Try to push it on the pin if not try to find it on the gm lite switch and try to push in the pins on it. If not go to the fuse compartment and take a test lite and go threw all of the fuses.replace all of the bad ones .If they are connected to the running lite switch test it with a 12 volt tester with the lite bulb in it.
hope this helps
lenny
I hate red wires
still working on them

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
If I had to go out on a limb here... you'll find that the switch or connection for "Flash To Pass" is defective.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
thanks ;; im going to check the connections tonite

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post