Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Water Compartment heater
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Water Compartment heater
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
For those who may experience some power issues to the Dayton heater in the water tank compartment be advised the wall switch to activate it is over the front door on my 1993 Regency and may be elsewhere on a mid entry door model. The switch controls ac power to a duplex receptacle under the couch near the front furnace. I found it was not getting power and after tracing it the plug had vibrated loose. Reinstall, and the heater is now working properly.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Frank Strong
posted Hide Post
I'm confused, is this heater just for heating the fresh water holding tank in freezing weather? Or is it used for something else? My unit may not have such a heater --- thus my confusion. Mine is a mid door model and does not have an outlet behind the sofa. Could it be somewhere else?

Thanks,

Frank Strong
1994 Regency 34ft
300 HP Cummins, 6 spd Allison
Spartan MM Chassis

Posts: 125 | Location: Walthall, MS/Ocoee, FL (Orlando area) | Member Since: 03-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Frank, I have a mid door too. A switch over the door with red light on it will turn it on. Mine plugs into a plug in the compartment that has the fresh water tank in it. My heater is mounted on the left as you open the door to the fresh water tank where all your drains are also located. The heater is on a thermostat and usually comes on about 35-39 degrees. Hope this helps. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
ditto on our Regency.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Johns:
Good Afternoon Frank, I have a mid door too. A switch over the door with red light on it will turn it on. Mine plugs into a plug in the compartment that has the fresh water tank in it. My heater is mounted on the left as you open the door to the fresh water tank where all your drains are also located. The heater is on a thermostat and usually comes on about 35-39 degrees. Hope this helps. Tom

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And on my Breakaway, the heater is 12VDC and a pathetic 20W.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
On my 94 Breakaway, the heaters switches are located in the bathroom on the tight hand wall as you walk in. I just built an Oak and glass cover to make them less accesible. I labeled it Tank heaters.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Frank Strong
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess my unit doesn't have this heater. I can't find any evidence of the features mentioned on this thread so I guess I'm out of luck. To bad, because here lately in MS, the temps have been down into the tens. I have to leave on some central heat and put a couple of drop lights in the lower compartments. So far --- no problems.
Thanks anyway,

Frank Strong
1994 Regency 34ft
300 HP Cummins, 6 spd Allison
Spartan MM Chassis

Posts: 125 | Location: Walthall, MS/Ocoee, FL (Orlando area) | Member Since: 03-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
For those without a FW tank heater, or a wimpy one like I have, here's my solution - it works just fine, but it may not be practical for every configuration.

Underway, I leave the valve cracked and the FW pump on, which reircs hot water from the engine heated HW tank into the FW tank.

The system worked well at -15°F at my sister's the last trip as well as enroute, as it didn't get above freezing until the last RV park.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post