Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Basement lock for 94 Breakaway
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Basement lock for 94 Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have the specs of the longer mounting screws? Can I just use the ones from the old locks, or will the threads be different because they're metric?

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
New screw size is metric #4 x 1"..........Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Just an update on availability/prices. I just received 14 locks from ecph/southco @ $17.86 each and 2 keys at $2.95 each.

I was happy to see that the pals didn't have a weird bend in them as shown in the photo above.

And #4 x 45mm were the screws I needed to get, though my local hardware store didn't have the star lock washers, and I couldn't get the ones off the new screws. Another hardware store trip in the works.

Here's a photo of what you get:

They fit perfectly with no fiddling. The old locks were so bad that the screws broke rather than backed out, and one of the locks just fell apart when I pulled it out. They were a bit harder to remove than I thought they'd be because they were actually glued down. The new ones have a gasket instead.

And of course I over-tightened one and popped the seal on the storage door frame a tiny bit. Don't do that.

They work great though! Three down, 11 to go.

Q

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
I can't edit my post above. Correction: #4x25mm screws, not 45mm. Those were for the storage bin doors.

The fuel, fresh water, and one other (I forget now) doors were not as thick, so the screws that came with the locks worked just fine.

Picture of Sandytoes
posted Hide Post
Were the part numbers for your straight arm locks still the E3-35-35 or did it change?

1991 Regal 28' 454 Banks Power Pak

Posts: 80 | Location: Duncan, BC Canada | Member Since: 05-31-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quinn:
I can't edit my post above.

You are nearly a Barth Junkie and you do not have an eraser in the lower right corner of you post? Please check and if it is not there I will ask Bill NY and Rusty to get this corrected.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post