Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Clearance Light Replacement Lenses: KD518 / LS336
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Clearance Light Replacement Lenses: KD518 / LS336
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
aren't the lenses glass? and the housing cast aluminum ?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny and judy:
aren't the lenses glass? and the housing cast aluminum ?
lenny
Plastic and acrylic

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Great info and timely. I looked at my cab lights and they are the only ones not working. Well two are working but they all look like if I touch them they might disintegrate.

Ordered those to replace all 5 of them. I have different ones on the back.

I have also ordered new gaskets for all the rear 460's. Ordered 2 new red lens also. This should get them to seal and replace the 2 cracked ones. looking to replace the bulbs with led possibly too.

The tail lights are 460's and hard to find so this is your one stop replacement shop.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1380 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear fellow Barth owners -

Installing new PRXB Pac Brake this week, but next project is to update to LED lighting. Current lenses are not bad, but seems like it would be wise to have some spare lenses.

It currently has the KD460 red lenses for top and bottom tail and brake (7 3/8 L x 3 3/4 W and the clear lenses for backup are same number (3 1/2 W x 4 1/2 H). Also need to replace the amber cab marker lights due to rusted sockets - looks like the 518-31-723-P are perfect. Ours are also riveted on, but plan to install new ones with aircraft RIV-NUTS.. Should give a better ground as well.

Finally, seems like it would be good to have spare amber lenses for the front parking lights under the headlights.

Any updates on SLClighting.com source? Are these lenses still available if you call them? Do not see them on their inventory list.

Thank you.
Richard & Penny Farr
1994 Breakaway 33 foot
8.3 Cummins with Banks
Allison 3060
918 645-1514

Posts: 24 | Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Member Since: 09-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Unless there has been a discovery of NOS, those lenses are no longer available.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not so, just bought a whole box load from below from slclighting.com
this was discussed earlier in this thread, and they have a lot more!

When I was in Milford I was told about these Roof Cab Marker Lights at SLC Lighting.com.

So, I ordered them, they come in Amber and Red.

Now that I've got mine, and I can confirm that they are identical, I thought I would post a link. Red is limited, it appears that they have many Amber ones.

LS336 is stamped on both of these lenses and the bases are identical with both saying KD518. $7.55 Each

440-293-4064 ext: 157 Very pleasant people to deal-with. You can also place your order on-line.

Clearance Light:
518-36-723-P RED
518-31-723-P AMBER
~ $7.55 each

Lenses:
3366-00 RED
3361-00 AMBER
~$1.55 each

Black Rubber Gasket:
37582-00
~[unknown cost]

Posts: 29 | Location: Cincinnati | Member Since: 08-29-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Wow how time flies. I replaced just the lenses when I replaced the bulbs with led lights. Now I have replaced all the light fixtures themselves.

Some things that might help others. I now know why they would work and then not. The front fastner was put in thru the fiberglass and right in front of the metal. The pop rivits were riding just along the front edge. They were not drilled through metal causing poor ground.

I pondered this. The hole locations that should have been used were clearly marked once I removed the light fixtures. When I removed the center light I could see why. They must have installed the remote control spotlight first and too far ahead. So they moved the clearance lights ahead to keep them in line. Looked good Mad worked poorly. What a PITA. They are also installed over seam where the fiberglass and aluminum join. There is a 1/4" difference between front and back holes. I laid down butyl rubber tape down to raise the back end level.

I redrilled the holes where they should have been in the first place and then was able to do as Nick and Ed outlined. Counter sunk the rivit nuts thru the fiberglass as Ed pointed out. I would have moved all the lights back so the were on the flat aluminum but that would have meant patching holes and moving the wires.

The old holes are covered by the new light fixture. The fixtures now have good grounding, look good and are well anchored.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1380 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post