Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Monarch radiator. 8.3 Cummins/Spartan
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Monarch radiator. 8.3 Cummins/Spartan
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harold,Cat&Sam:
Happy Birthday Tooling Along

Thank you!! 77 just like Sunset Strip!!! Violence

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Nice round number, 77. It's 'round my age 'round 6 months from now.
Happy birthday

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey Tim is "ROUND" being used in similar context to Steve, fixin to to get his radiator repaired??? ROTFLMAO

We might be fixin, round here to have some serious thread drift!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Got it almost done yesterday! Game called for rain. Radiator in, all things connected, filled it up. Still needs the charge air cooler, power steering cooler and air filter tubes.

I got the rest hooked up and drove away this morning. Will be home tonight. More pics on the way.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Yea Steve!!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Tipping my hat (and glass) to completing another adventure. We were all glad we had you at the helm.
Had I, and a few others, experienced this my phone would be broken (pictures), laptop broken (Photobucket), and on a first name basis with a magistrate. May I make the following suggestion:
Zerex Super Protector Water Pump Lubricant (avail. at Napa). I use it in a lot of equipment and am very pleased (put three 14.5 oz containers in my Breakaway, two in ordinary auto.) Protects seals and against corrosion.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I think the whole radiator thing was a scam because you were not ready to return to the frozen north land and was looking for any reason to stay further south.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Yea Steve!!, got 'round a big problem. Thumbs Up cheers

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Awesome! You’re my roadside warrior hero. We would have been on a flatbed trailer heading to a major truck service center.

Also kudos to those who helped you get hooked up with the right parts. Barthmobile members to the rescue for those with the knowledge, skills, tools and confidence.

Great job all, and especially great photos and descriptions Steve.

Thanks, Tooling Along
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
I think the whole radiator thing was a scam because you were not ready to return to the frozen north land and was looking for any reason to stay further south.

Nick

Nick, you know me too well.... ROTFLMAO

I admit, it was all a scam. I Photoshopped the pics. (I was actually lounging in a nearby spa watching the weather up north!)

I'll just take another final picture of the complete installation after power washing and say I rebuilt it... (actually all you can see of the new radiator is the small strip at the top!)

Now why does my whole body feel like I fell down the stairs? wack

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Because you're old ROTFLMAO

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hey Jim.... I resemble that remark! confusion

View from inside rear. The radiator frame covers the radiator, it is barely visible. The small line is the air bleed from the top corner of the radiator.

You can see the charge air cooler and the air hose connection.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
This seems like a disaster avoided. Way to go!

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob & Yvonne M.
posted Hide Post
HI Steve,
I haven't been on here for some time and just saw your posting about your radiator. So glad you got it fixed. It looks like it is quite a process so Congratulations, job well done. My radiator is quite new as Ed had to have one put in when debris from the road got thrown up into the old rad and busted it so I should be good but its always nice to know how to replace it if needed. You do such a good job of documentation with pics.
We hope to see you at the Minnesota get together in June.

Bob & Yvonne
1997 Monarch 38
Spartan MM, 6 speed Allison
Cummins 8.3 300 HP
9610-M0027-38MI-4C

Posts: 43 | Location: White Bear Lake, MN  | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post