Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Front TV problem
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Front TV problem
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted
Anybody run into a problem with their front AC/DC TV once they installed the new DTV converter box? I never had a problem until I installed one. I'm having a problem turning the TV back on once I turn it off with the TV remote or the power button on the front of the TV. Fact is, it won't turn back on at all. Not with the remote or the power button on the front on the TV. I had this problem a few weeks back at a campground (I was on a cable system at that time) and have been trying to find answers to the problem, but to no avail. I went out tonight and kept playing with the TV and the DTV converter box and got it to work again, though I really don't know what I did to get the TV on again. But, once I turned the TV off with the TV remote, it won't come back on again. I even removed the DTV converter and tried to get the TV to work on either DC or off of generator supplied AC power. No good, can't get the TV to come on again. I must be missing something other than my brain..... any help out there?

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Just guessing, Fuse, loose connector at TV, Ignition interlock, Old broken worn out TV.
If you had attended the NE GTG we could have had all hands look into it. Click

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack:
If you had attended the NE GTG we could have had all hands look into it. Click
I guess we'll look at it in DC then. That is, if you haven't fixed it by then yet. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh, yes........the extra added feature benefit of attending a Barthmobile GTG!!! Thumbs Up I need to fix this problem BEFORE the D.C. GTG, as I have a couple of trips planned before then. I'm sure I will have other questions to solve once I attend the D.C. GTG, like what do you think these switches are for and how do you fix this and that hmm
But, as far as the TV is concerned, I do not think it is anything with the electrical system or the TV itself. As stated, I got it to work but don't remember what buttons I pushed on what to get it working again. I do believe that my problem lies in the addition of the Dish Network DTV Converter I added and it's remote. I guess I'll hook the thing back up and this time try to do a step by step process to see what makes the TV and it's remote work properly Confused

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Fresh batteries for the remote? But I'm with Jack - likely a worn out switch. How old's the TV?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
'Course you could call Dish and sit on hold for a couple of hours and then talk to someone reading from a script with an accent you can't understand. Very entertaining. On one of my older TVs, I have to turn it on with the tv power remote on/off button, then press the 'video' button on the tv remote, then press the power on/off button on the Direct TV remote. Then, I use the Direct TV remote for channel changing etc. but have to use the tv remote for sound. Believe it or not, this is the sequence that Direct TV gave me. Sounds weird but it works.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim,
As strange as it seems, you might be on to something. That is what is so confusing about the operation of the TV. I screwed up when I got it to work the other day because I was doing just that, hitting all kinds of buttons on both the DTV converter remote and the TV remote one after another. I don't know which or what got the TV to work again, but it did come on. Then I programmed the DTV converter and was watching different stations. Sooooooo, I'm reinstalling the DTV Converter and trying it all over again. This time, one button pushing at a time. I think that the DTV remote will turn the TV on and as anyone knows that has one of those converters, you use it to change channels. The TV remote will only change the volume and shut the TV off. I'm getting closer....
Rusty,
Sorry you could not make it to our neck of the neighborhood, but it seems that your diversion was worth it.
The TV looks to be the original to the Breakaway. But, I know it works and the remote had just got fresh batteries. The remote works the back TV fine, as their is NO DTV converter on that set. And the switches on the front of the TV will work the volume and also turn it off once it is on. But once I turn it off with either the front power switch or the TV remote, I CAN'T GET IT BACK ON AGAIN. Again, I'm pretty sure this darn DTV converter has something to do with my problems Mad

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
But you stated...
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
I had this problem a few weeks back at a campground (I was on a cable system at that time) and have been trying to find answers to the problem, but to no avail.
Do you have a "Cable In" passthru?

How about a DTV Power on switch that also powers on the TV Electrical Outlet too. Sort of a Slave type of an outlet for the TV power.

When it comes to AV Equipment, I can wire in anything to work anything. I have set up many of electronics for people in the past.

Send me the model numbers of both the TV set and the DTV converter and I'll try to look this up for you. No promises, but I'll give it a go for you. Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
And I can guarantee you'll be able to understand him--although just a little New York accent Big Grin

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post