Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Front air bag fun on 89 regal 28 p37 chassis.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Front air bag fun on 89 regal 28 p37 chassis.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello again fellow Barthers.
Continuing on with putting some love back in our old, new Barth.
After tackling the front brakes and master I noticed the airbags were trashed.
Ordered the parts. About a Benjiman.
Trying to stuff those airbags up into that small hole was a bugger.
Made me have even more respect for child birth...
Heat gun. A good heat gun.
Hot water. Zip ties.
Oh and gloves if u don't want to burn your hands rolling up the hot rubber bags.
Soapy water and Viola.
Getting the zip ties off was fun. I learned on the 2nd bag to cut as I cleared the hole..
Seems daunting sometimes. Getting this big lady ready for camping.
Thanks for this forum.
Please go vote everybody.
Economy is doing great.
Let's keep in going.
Cheers,
Barronjr

Posts: 13 | Location: san diego Ca. USA | Member Since: 10-07-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the bruised knuckle club. Mechanic

The front bags are indeed a job to weasel in there. I used some hose clamps and a screw gun to squeeze them through the hole.

You should notice the improvement in the front end. I think I ran about 60-70 psi in mine.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post