Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Title question
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Title question
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
When I imported my "MCC by Barth" into Canada
the Customs went by the info
on the previous RV title (from TEXAS)
which had the MCC as a BART !!
It is now registered in Nova Scotia as a Barth with the model being MCC !!
However I think it should be registered as an MCC and the model should be Barth...

Motor Vehicle would change it if-
1. I got original documentation from the original manufacture!
or
2. I could get some documentation showing that the model was MCC or MCC by Barth.
They do not accept online info...

Any ideas ???

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
The final mfger is Barth. MCC was a chassis manufacture. Bath has used GM, Spartan, Oshkosh, Gillig maybe others such as Dodge.

So my response is you have a Barth, not a MCC. With your reasoning you could have a Detroit or maybe an Allison.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
The only thing that Barth did was to build the interior woodwork an then sell them as a MCC by Barth!!

...and MCC is on the horn button and the Speedometer Smiler

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
Any ideas ???
Hire an attorney!

I had a similar issue, when they called my Barth a Violence Baronet. The Ohio bureau of Motor vehicles would not give me the time of day. Thumbs Down I was told to leave because there was nothing they could do to fix the mistake. Shields Up When my attorney Superman called the OBMV, I had results the that same day. Thumbs Up I do not know what the Superman attorney told them, but it was corrected fast. Big Grin

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Same issue with my new purchase. Its listed as a Spartan on the title.
I could care less what they call it as long as I can drive it and enjoy.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MCC did not make a motor home. Barth did. MCC supplied the chassis just as Spartan did on ours. Barth built the whole box, not just the interior. Are you going to tell a Winnebago owner that he has a Chevrolet or a Ford.

When the MH was complete Barth supplied a "Statement of Origin" when the MH was delivered to the dealer. The statement was provided to the Titling state/province to produce a title.

In some states you can get a hobbiest tile. This happened when I was converting a commercial bus to a motor home. Since the original function had changed we could call it a vehicle and call it anything I wanted because a new title was issued.

In your case you have a Barth. Wanting to call it a MCC does not make it so.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
When you have a Prevost or an MCI the title will state the chassis builder not the conversion company.
So I guess either is correct.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are know as bus conversions. And in these cases the manufactured units can function on their own before the conversion is done. MCI, Prevost and others build buses not chassis. Need I say more.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Mine went from a Barth title in NY to a Chevy title in PA. Basically, with the vin recognition software you are stuck with what the DOT software says it is these days. It took longer for mine as the notary filled it out as a Barth and it was rejected by PennDot.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
My Barth is titled as a chevy . Also in Pa .
Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L78steve:

Hmmmm. your profile says Gillig, Steve and you are speaking of a Spartan? Are you a new member of the "Mary Ray Club"? What is gong on here with all these Barth Junkies? It is no wonder some members do not have one Barth, we have members with more than ONE Barth?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is all in what you want on YOUR title. I did not want Baronet on my title, as My Barth does not have wings. Of course I would have been the first to own a Barth Baronet. Where would a Baronet go in our data tag project?

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This brings up an interesting point. hmm

My 86 Regal data tag says it was manufactured by Barth on a given date, including GM chassis from another date. It is labelled as a "Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle." The State of Michigan titles that one as an 86 GM vehicle and uses the GM VIN.

The 98 Monarch data tag says manufactured by Barth on a given date, including Spartan chassis from another date. Also an MPV. Michigan titles that one as a 98 Barth using the Spartan chassis number for the VIN.

So, one is a Chevy, the other is a Barth! (technically Barth RSV) hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
RE: Barth built the whole box, not just the interior.

It is my understanding that MCC built the motorhomes in California
and then went bankrupt...
Barth bought the holdings and shipped the MCC motorhomes to their factory
where they finished the interior woodwork
and then sold them as "MCC by Barth" NOT as a Barth...
acknowledging that the MCC was different from their regular coaches.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
quote:
Originally posted by L78steve:

Hmmmm. your profile says Gillig, Steve and you are speaking of a Spartan? Are you a new member of the "Mary Ray Club"? What is gong on here with all these Barth Junkies? It is no wonder some members do not have one Barth, we have members with more than ONE Barth?

Yes Kevin My name is Steve and I'm a Barth junkie.
I purchased the 34 from Roman in Anchorage.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP