Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    window screen removal
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

window screen removal
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of beeoh
posted
The better half wants me to remove window screens for cleaning. We have STI windows and screens don't want to just lift out.If anybody has some suggestions on removal great...or even better would be ideas on cleaning them where they are.

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
If they are like mine you need to remove the plastic track at the top and then you can lift out the window.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
our windows have the screen running on a track top and bottom that is part of the window track...can't see anything to remove.

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Open window, leave screen closed. The top track is a plastic insert. Gently pry the plastic track end down where the screen isn't at. slide screen to where you have just removed the plastic. Now, pry down the plastic in the other spot and remove. These plastic tracks just clip in the upper channel. Now, move screen to the middle and lift up into the track where the 2 inserts used to be. the bottom of the screen frame will now clear the track that is on the bottom.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I tried to remove my screen this way and I, also, do not find anything that snaps in. My screen also rides on the track that seems to also be the inside edge that holds the window in. On the outside edge of that track is an array of screws holding the bottom half of this track in place against the inside wall and then the same for the top half. I can't take that track off unless I take the window valances off first.
I must be doing something wrong mechanic hmm nono

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Ours are made by an outfit called Hehr. No insert to remove and no way to get the screen out that I can see.
To clean the inside part of the window that is behind the screen I use a flat, thin 12" ruler and a piece of soft cloth with a squirt of windex on it. Best I can do.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
Ours are made by an outfit called Hehr. No insert to remove and no way to get the screen out that I can see.

I remove the screens on my Hehr windows by prying up in the center with a flexible Hyde putty knife. The stiffer Hyde knife is too thick to allow the screen to slip out, and many other brands are too thick or will bend.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I just went out to take a picture of my drivers window screen. I could not do it. Seems as though I still have the insides to the under sink area on the drivers seat and the couch on top of the drivers seat and dash, because I'm putting in the new 1522 furnace. Anyway on my Hehr windows there is a plastic guide that I remove and then use the extra space to raise the screen to clear the bottom of the guide and remove. I drive with the screen out so I can hang my arm out and use my fingers for indicating what number route I think the driver that just cut me off should take Eeker

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here is how you remove the screens on my HEHR windows.
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Open window, leave screen closed.

The top track is a plastic insert.

Gently pry the plastic track end down where the screen isn't at.

slide screen to where you have just removed the plastic.

Now, pry down the plastic in the other spot and remove. These plastic tracks just clip in the upper channel.

Now, move screen to the middle and lift up into the track where the 2 inserts used to be.

the bottom of the screen frame will now clear the track that is on the bottom.

If your windows are like mine, you should be able to do this in under a minute... Superman

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Now I know why my screen fall out all the time. Mine dont have the plastic spacers.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil T.:
Now I know why my screen fall out all the time. Mine dont have the plastic spacers.
If you do wind up installing new upper plastic tracks they go in this way.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
JUST PUT IN A NEW SCREEN WHILE IN PLACE WHITH THE SCREEN IN REMOVE THE 20 YEAR OLD SCREEN AND PUT IN A NEW ONE
LENNY

sorry about the caps it happens some time when I am not looking or thinking

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
sorry about the caps it happens some time when I am not looking or thinking

Lenny,

Look for something like this on your keyboard. Press it many times.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
you must have one of those other computers that have one.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

Touché

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis