Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Breakaway dash panels
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Breakaway dash panels
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Scubique
posted
Does any one have extra Breakaway dash panels, or had to previously repair panels and have suggestions on what works well?

Posts: 35 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 04-24-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I just used the plastic ones as patterns and had 11ga aluminum laser cut and powder coated satin black. No bending needed as three flat panels work just fine. The only thing necessary was to countersink the screw heads before coating and you can eliminate at least half of the old mounting screws.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing that Tom did, made three panels and at the junction of the center panel to the two side panels made a strip to hide the seam.

I also repositioned the gauges so I could see them better and added Trans temp, EGT, and Boost gauges.

Original

Modified

Final

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
That looks really nice Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
This looks great. I am heading down the same path, just thought I would ask before I found out there was an easier solution. Thanks so much for the quick and detailed response.

Posts: 35 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 04-24-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I used iron on oak veneer to hide the cracks on the edges on mine.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post