Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    ECU Gone Bad
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

ECU Gone Bad
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of dcarguy
posted Hide Post
My transmission control is dead.Had it checked out for conformation it's dead.The fix is to have it rebuilt. There are lots of rebuilders available on the web.The prices range from $3000.00 to $500.00. the low end applies if you have a basic program in your unit.The price goes up with modifications but the process is basically the same. I am going to try Defeo Mfg because it sounds like they know what they are doing And are medium priced.If it goes bad I'll post some negative thoughts.

Posts: 7 | Location: Oakhurst,ca | Member Since: 07-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great discussion. My Winnebago with Allison DS3060 touchpad started to flash on and off... ended up being a wiring connection gone bad in the battery box. Wiggled the wires and there you go. Can't tell you how relieved I was to have this be such a simple repair. A new connection and all is perfect again.

Posts: 1 | Location: Winnipeg | Member Since: 06-23-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
TKT Sales in Yanceyville NC. Ted is the man to talk to for Allison stuff.

Several of the Wanderlodge owners have had great service from them.

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Mine acted up once so i unplugged and cleaned all the connections , reconnected and no more problems.

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Frank Strong
posted Hide Post
I know this post is probably too late to help anyone now but maybe in the future it will help.
I recently repaired my ECU by replacing one capacitor. I found out about this problem on youtube. Just do a search on allison transmission control panel problems and several clips will come up. Look through them and there will be one that shows the detail of breaking open the ECU and finding the problem using a hair dryer. You will need some soldering skill and some knowledge of capacitor values to do the repair but it was pretty simple and saved me several thousand $'s.

Frank Strong
1994 Regency 34ft
300 HP Cummins, 6 spd Allison
Spartan MM Chassis

Posts: 125 | Location: Walthall, MS/Ocoee, FL (Orlando area) | Member Since: 03-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post