Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Height of a 32' Regency
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Height of a 32' Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
Looking through my '90 and '91 Regency brochures, I don't see the height listed. It dawned on me last night, that if we buy a 32' Regency, it will have to fit in our garage. Can someone please tell me what minimum clearance I would have to have? I guess the top of the a/c would be the highest point.
Thanks
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
Picture of herbjohns
posted Hide Post
Jim,
My '89 with the King Dome is just under 12'. Making progress in getting it ready. Put 2 new 8D chassis batteries and 2 Trojan T-125 house batteries in her last month, along with a new Sony radio w/USB & Aux inputs. Progress is slow but steady.
Herb

Herb Johns

1989 32' Regency, Cat 3208TA, Gillig Chassis

1989 32' Regency (RDG-B)
Gillig Chassis
Cat 3208TA
Sanger, CA, USA

~ ~Data Tag~ ~
8901-0113-32RDG-B

Posts: 75 | Location: Sanger, CA, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to find out how much it will cost to raise the roof from it's current 11' to 14'. Hey, I'm not finished yet.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the door, especially if you got a roll up door. Our highest spot is the radio antenna BTW Wink

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Somewhere around 1976 Illinois realize they forgot to measure the clearances between road deck and many overpasses on I-55. They spent about a year digging holes and repaving at a lower grade to meet interstate standards.

after receiving a lower grade Sorry

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
My 1993 Regency is 12'8" not counting the CB Antenna (24").

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nick's is a '93, and it is 11'8" - we measured both our coaches late last year.

I think the basement height is the same. My Breakaway has a passthrough, but I can't recall seeing a Regency that does.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Big difference is mine is the more often found side entry door like yours and most other Regencies. Tom's is a front door model. Not many of them around.

And Rusty is correct. Mine is 12' 8" to top of the dome. Sorry, that's wrong Should have been 11' 8"

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Looking through my '90 and '91 Regency brochures, I don't see the height listed. It dawned on me last night, that if we buy a 32' Regency, it will have to fit in our garage. Can someone please tell me what minimum clearance I would have to have? I guess the top of the a/c would be the highest point.
Thanks
Jim
wally 34ft monarch.My dream is to get a double decker,diesel-electric bus,sell fish and chips ground floor,live upstairs.this would be a complete retirement for me.I might have to have it imported from england.

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Not many differences between Nick's and mine. Mine has a GVWR of 34,500lbs while his on the high 28,000. Both are Gillig and CAT 3208T and mine has a ski pass through storage in the 2nd basement storage locker. It carries our E Z Up tent, the sewer hose container and our poles for the washing brush. I also put my Barthmobile designed Genturi in there. There is another tray behind the sewer valve door that the original owner carried a rigid sewer extension pipe. Back then they apparently used thin wall pvc to extend the sewer hook up. Issues in the Barth ncluded rusting of the steel 1" square tubing behind and under the basement cmpartments. On mine I discovered the water tank was riveted tothe floor and sat on the rusted tubing. It had apmost comp,etely detached and was hanging by a thread but we redid everythin and it is now fine. Look carefully at those small tubes when you inspect any Barth.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
My 38 ft 1993 Regency is 12'6" to the top of the Winegard satellite dish. The antennae are flexible so I don't count them.

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Sorry 11' 8" not 12' 8"

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Sorry 11' 8" not 12' 8"

Nick

Yeah - my typo - almost told Jim mine is 12'4", not 11'4"

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Am now getting quotes of raising the roof 24". Am I certifiably crazy? You Betcha!
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Jim, do you have a higher ridge line that you could put door under? Sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post