Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Stuck in Little Rock
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Stuck in Little Rock
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
We are on a trip traveling through Arkansas when suddenly the motorhome starts to vibrate and shake. The road was extremely bumpy just prior to this happening. I was able to limp it in to the RV park on Little Rock Air Force Base. After inspecting underneath I saw that the coach was not at ride height. The airbags were not inflated at all but the air tanks were inflated and my gauges show that the air is at over 100 psi. But again the airbags are not inflated. What is going on here? Any ideas what I can do myself to remedy the situation?

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Air bag adjusters. I replaced mine at a campsite once. The coach was sitting low, but I could still slither under the Barth. Be sure to deflate all the bags before attempting this. Look at my posting from when I replaced mine.

Also a Private message for you Fred.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Is there any chance I may have damaged anything underneath by driving with no air in the bags for about 10 miles?

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Appears to be a ride height control valve. You have 3 of them if you are normal. One at each side on the rear axle to control rear height and side to side and one in the front to level with the rear. They form a triangle. Nothing else should be broken. Easy fix after you get it up and crawl under it.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fred & Cindy:
Is there any chance I may have damaged anything underneath by driving with no air in the bags for about 10 miles?

Probably not the best thing, but my Gillig manual says it can be driven for repairs without air in the bags. Not sure about Spartan.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post