Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Swaybar bushings for Gillig chassis
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Swaybar bushings for Gillig chassis
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
With no success from Gillig and Energy Suspension, I finally found the sway bar bushings at ATRO. For my Gillig Breakaway Chassis, the poly bushings are ATRO p/n SW03-83201 and replace Gillig p/n 55-27964-001. Like Energy Suspension, they do not sell retail. They referred me to a nearby Yancey Truck repair outlet and I called Yancey to order the parts. Yancey had them here in 4 days and the cost was around $70 including shipping and taxes. They fit like a glove. The other vendors said they listed only a 1 5/8 sway bar diameter for Gillig anything and mine was 1 1/2 inches. The dimension was length: 4 inches, Height: 2 7/8 and ID: 1 1/2.

Not a difficult job except for laying sideways and getting some leverage on tight nuts.

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway XL Widebody

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Meant to add that the ATRO number is 800-325-6114.

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Tom, thanks for the source, I also found mine.

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post