...I built a fuel prossesser to make bio fuel

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/8863945987

04-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Doug Smiley
...I built a fuel prossesser to make bio fuel
When I was searching this came up {01-26-09} ===

http://www.rv-coach.com/curren...ll.html?print_page=1

I have a 1983 Barth motorhome 25 ft.120 hp deisel motor with less than 70000 miles. The coach is built on a IVECO cab chassie GVW 14800 lbs This RV is in very good condition. New front tires, new AC with heat strips.We have taken many trips and get 13 to 15 mpg. I am retired and as a hobby I built a fuel prossesser to make bio fuel out of used cooking oil when available and the Barth runs great off of it if not better than deisel with no modification to engine.I have not tried to sell the RV but I take 15,500 if interrested. I live in south central Georgia...

..so thee question I ask is""

"has anyone experimented with this concept
...and, if so, what was/is the result???

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

04-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Cantrade
I made Biodiesel for a few years and used it in my Cummins Dodge truck. I always ran B20 and did not try B100. The problem was that my production outran my usage and I would have 400 - 500 gallons sitting around not being used. I did not want to resell my production for liability reasons. Once you comment to picking up the used oil from cafes, etc., you are expected to remove their used oil. So I sold my equipment and went back to buying fuel from the normal sources. It was an interesting thing to do but it takes lots of time and storage becomes a problem.

Good Luck with your project.

1993 Breakaway 33'. Cummins 6BTA5.9 with Bosch injection. Upped to 260 HP or so. Third owner.

"If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well!!" Cummings Law
04-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Kevin
Bio-diesel, Bio-fuel?
From the way I understand this Bio-fuel is blending petrol (gasoline and or diesel + other ingredients) with vegetable oil. Making a useable fuel suitable for most older diesel engines.

Bio-diesel is removing the glycerin from vegetable oil. This is a chemical reaction called transesterification. Then adding it back to petrol diesel (B20 or 20% reclaimed vegetable oil with Glycerin removed) or using at 100%. This fuel is also suitable for most older diesel engines.

There are plenty of forums on alternative fuels when you Google Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO) or Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO).

Using SVO (either new or used SVO) can generally be accomplished by warming the SVO to the viscosity matching petrol diesel at 70 degrees Fahrenheit. SVO at 150 degrees is similar to the viscosity of Petrol Diesel at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

I am not trying to kill this thread but alternative fuel is better discussed on "alternative fuel forums." On alternative fuel forums you will also find folks using used motor oil for fuel in a diesel engines. You will find discussion on adding propane injection to diesel engines. Lets not forget using a hydrogen generator to increase fuel Miles Per Gallon ether.

If you have done it to a Diesel in a Barth, post some actual results for our members. If you would like to know more the Keyboard is at your finger tips. "Alternative Fuels" will keep your attention. Try learning more about the Diesel engine itself, with a search on "Rudolph Diesel."
04-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Doug Smiley
So what is you gas consumption???

===any better than these....
http://www.everything-about-rv...r-motorhome-get.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

04-18-2017, 06:55 PM
Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
So what is you gas consumption???

I do not use any Blended fuel in my Barth. When I used Blended fuel in my tractor and excavator, I blended about 20% to 25% gas in the mix. In my fuel oil burner I have modified the fuel oil burner to burn 25% gas with the used vegetable oil instead of fuel oil, (which is number 2 diesel fuel) dyed for off road use.