Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Tongue weight
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tongue weight
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi all, well it's almost time to let Baby B go and I have recieved a question about gross tongue weigth that I can't answer. She's in the shop getting everthing service and checked out for her new owner (at my expense). I was supposed to get her back on Friday but they are waiting on a new compressor belt after switching the AC over to R-12 (or is it from?) otherwise I could probably find it in the manuals someplace. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Tongue weight generally applies to trailers, not motor homes, though perhaps the question relates to the rating of an installed trailer hitch. It might also pertain to "gross vehicle weight," (GVW) or "gross combined weight rating" (GCWR).

GVW is the maximum weight the vehicle is rated for by the manufacturer, & will be listed on the manufacturer's name plate somewhere on the inside of the vehicle, or on the chassis. GCWR is the rated maximum for the vehicle plus anything that's towed.

You're on your own as far as finding the name plate on a Class "A" motor home. Location seems to vary, though most are on the wall above the driver's seat. On a Class "C," likely locations are the firewall, or a door frame.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Olroy, I'll use your insight to see if I can find it.

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post