Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Motor aided water heater and furnace
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Motor aided water heater and furnace
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
This question came up on another website. You know we Barth owners have the motoraided water heater and the heat exchanger furnaces. Is there some kind of maintenance we should be doing with this stuff. What about all that piping. Anyone ever had a leak??

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I just make sure that the antifreeze is good (longlife Dexcool orange is the best) and change the hoses and clamps. The hoses on my '85 P-30 run on the passenger side wheelwell. There are 2 hoses which connect to copper tubing going to the hot water heater. I have not found any rubber hoses near the water heater. I hope everything is copper with no real maintenance worries near the heater?
Ed

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hoses came loose fell down onto the driveshaft wearing a hole in them causing the water coolant to escape the system

Posts: 4 | Location: Wapakoneta Ohio USA | Member Since: 01-04-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post